Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes regarding goods imports to Aus... GST?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
    I probed her on a few things and basically if I were to do this in multiple orders and shipments that arrived within a few days of each other, customs would catch it and grab me for the whole lot. She said if you wait a week or so you might get it through without it being picked up. I'm looking at around $850-900 to pay on this A$5,000 order because its not GST, its duties, lodgement fees etc then GST on top.

Overall a fucking rort but probably still plenty cheaper than BMW dealer and easier to do on the FCP website
    It’s around $20BN a year in duties which pretty much covers the bill of welfare for people with kids and OAPs.

Yes, every single item and every single recipient is tracked. Multi-package splitting does get tracked and so on.

The “under $1k” is more about Duty than GST, once you go over $1k you fall into a whole different category as far as the Customs process is concerned.

As for the thousands of tonnes of drugs, well you’d be amazed at the sheer amount of shit that gets stopped (drugs, lizards, dead things) every day, the large volume stuff that organised crime brings in is harder given that inspecting everything well enough would require massive infrastructure and resources.

You can jump onto various plane nerd sites and determine just how many cargo planes come in per day, they’re mostly laden with hundred of thousands of individual recipient packages. Ships are a bit better as but the big ships have thousands of them which may contain thousands of packages one of which may have the 5kg or drugs in hyper concentrated form.

you probably would complain at the wasted taxpayer dollars if every package was physically checked.
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      You probably would complain at the wasted taxpayer dollars if every package was physically checked.
      Nope, I'm complaining that there are meth addicts and drug importers in my neighborhood

I can imagine the reply from Ali Express if the Australia tax office asked for it's GST I think it would be 走开
      "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post

Nope, I'm complaining that there are meth addicts and drug importers in my neighborhood

I can imagine the reply from Ali Express if the Australia tax office asked for it's GST I think it would be 走开
        The ATO probably publishes the compliance levels of the foreign collections.
        M
        ---

Comment

Yes, every single item and every single recipient is tracked.
          Good info, thanks. I'd always wondered about this part.

Comment

Well my other order from the USA with $134USD of hubs and nuts for the RX7 made it to my work today with no GST payable. Had no invoice inside either as Shipito took it out for me. Just as an FYI

Had to pay $825 AUD for duties, GST and fees to Fedex for the $5k order. Couldn't slide that one through
            Last edited by lukevl; 24-06-21, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Just got my order of Renault parts from the UK via TNT, invoice was on package and provided to tnt. Paid no vat or gst when landed, eat a dick Gerry cunt. On this occasion TNT was the bomb.

Comment

Got an email from one retail supplier in China advising they’re going to be collecting the VAT/GST at point of sale for everything going into the EU.

Gerry cunt goes global.
                ---

Comment

Originally posted by THE CHIEF View Post
                  Just got my order of Renault parts from the UK via TNT, invoice was on package and provided to tnt. Paid no vat or gst when landed, eat a dick Gerry cunt. On this occasion TNT was the bomb.
                  If less than $1k worth then that's as per normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                    If less than $1k worth then that's as per normal.
                    Yes but you just don't know what's going to happen till the goods are in your hands. Have heard people allege being asked to pay once arrived in oz.

Comment

Got an email from one retail supplier in China advising they’re going to be collecting the VAT/GST at point of sale for everything going into the EU.

Gerry cunt goes global.
                      Why would you pay GST on stuff going to Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post

Why would you pay GST on stuff going to Europe?
                        I wouldn’t, well I would if I sent something to Europe from China now. I was pointing out that Gerrys rule that screws us with overseas suppliers charging us GST for the ATO has now spread to those same suppliers having to charge EU customers their equivalent of our GST (or VAT as some call it) and send the tax to the relevant EU tax body.

I presume other governments watched what Gerry achieved and thought “I’ll have a piece of that”
                        ---

Comment

Oh yeah right makes sense. Yeah it’s pretty fucking annoying paying them for doing nothing

Comment

Working...
                          X