Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes regarding goods imports to Aus... GST?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rowdytoot View Post
    you've got at least a year Cal, worry not.. is it not going to be introduced in 2 weeks when the legislation isn't close to being passed.
    Fuck, that's a relief - been trying to scrounge the $$ for an OS purchase to try and beat the changeover.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

If all this shit is not coming for another year, why has Fedex taken this action now, as in last week?
      Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
      Originally posted by nutttr
      People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

I received a letter from eBay stating there will be inclusive GST charges for overseas purchases made which are incoming (to arrive) in Australia from July 1st and to read up on the new terms.

Comment

by the sound of this Ebay will simply become an advertising board. see their ebay store for items, go direct to their website to purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
            If all this shit is not coming for another year, why has Fedex taken this action now, as in last week?
            I'm guessing risk management 101, what if....

The bill as it stands is: July 1, 2017, big companies have to take it at face value, despite the legislation being a way off being passed. But who knows if palms will be greased and/or senators will casting votes will suddenly be getting new community halls etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rowdytoot View Post
              you've got at least a year Cal, worry not.. is it not going to be introduced in 2 weeks when the legislation isn't close to being passed.
              Doesn't really matter as the package will be $3K ish. I'm more interested in finding a supplier who will but $800 on the package. I'm certain DWI did this for me last time. My rush is getting in done in June so I can claim it as a tax deduction for this year.
              The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Cos it's nothing to do with the GST? You've taken one and one and come up with 10% plus administration fees.. [emoji6]

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

We haven't. Shipto is talking through their arse, FedEx has NOT made any announcements or decisions in regards to this.
                  I also can't see any mention of this on the Shipito website.

Comment

Trolled by Gerry Harvey sending spoof emails

Comment

Delayed until July 1, 2018. Jezza is pissed!

Comment

Originally posted by seedyrom View Post
                        Trolled by Gerry Harvey sending spoof emails
                        Fucken

People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                          We haven't. Shipto is talking through their arse, FedEx has NOT made any announcements or decisions in regards to this.
                          That's ok i'll just use UPS, they have never let me down

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                            Shipito just being cunts, now only DHL do multiple packages. Fedex etc no longer doing them. Not sure what's going on with consolidated shit

Comment

To be honest, we don't see much stuff from them anyway.

Comment

To be fair to the big guys, I've had Fedex, DHL, UPS deliveries and all good so far, but I only receive stuff. Auspost/Startrack on the other hand...

Comment

Working...
                                X