Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boothy.com Takata (air bag supplier) files for bankruptcy

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/t...26-gwylc9.html

The bankruptcy of troubled airbag maker Takata isn't just a crisis for its employees and suppliers. It also throws a wild card into one of the biggest and most complicated recalls in automotive history.

The auto-parts supplier has pledged to recall and replace tens of millions of defective air-bag inflators used by 19 car and truck makers around the world, from Tesla to Toyota. Takata filed on Monday for bankruptcy protection in the US and Japan and announced a takeover by Key Safety Systems for 175 billion yen (A$2.07billion).

The filing to restructure, which listed more than $13 billion in liabilities, doesn't relieve a manufacturer of recall responsibilities. However, should its financial assets be exhausted before all the work is done, carmakers may have to cover the difference.

From my work with toy, maz, mits I'm certain they will all just pay the difference if need be.

Mits will prob go broke doing that though knowing them lol

Comment

Interesting times ahead. Only last week got the recall notice for ex nopics 2010 Toyota.

Comment

Nopics Echo needs to go in for a third time. First time, they fitted the wrong part and now they are apparently recalling the replacement one...
        Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Wilson View Post
          Nopics Echo needs to go in for a third time. First time, they fitted the wrong part and now they are apparently recalling the replacement one...
          fuck that noise. got a letter for my 2005 corolla months ago and haven't heard shit since, maybe by the time they tell me when to take it in they will have their shit sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Wilson View Post
            Some manufacturers replaced the faulty ones with newer faulty ones for some strange reason, as a stop-gap until the actual fixed ones were available.

Don't ask me why.
            Swedish Soot Chucker
            Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Originally posted by Cock Fist View Post
              Some manufacturers replaced the faulty ones with newer faulty ones for some strange reason, as a stop-gap until the actual fixed ones were available.

Don't ask me why.
              probably to be seen to be doing something in case someone had a decent accident while waiting on a solution. e.g. 30% fail after 6 years, 10% fail after 1 year, but it will take 2 years to sort out the shit out, if they are at least changing people over to the newer ones they are reducing their risk by 60+% (all numbers made up).

Comment

Originally posted by Gats View Post
                Interesting times ahead. Only last week got the recall notice for ex nopics 2010 Toyota.
                Same, 2013 300c uses a Takata boobbag from the 2012 batch. Waiting for Chrysler service to fuck my dash so bad it rattles.
                Sent from my shed, trapped under a collapsed QuickJack, via Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cock Fist View Post

Don't ask me why.
                  Yeah, but somehow they didn't find us until way after the initial recall. I'd be guessing that hers would have been one of the last cars done in the first round of replacements...
                  Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Comment

I'm surprised Takata lasted this long.
                    My car
                    Corolla
                    Originally posted by brasher
                    I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Comment

Isis did it.

Comment

Manufacturers will take it up with Takatas Public and Products liability insurance, no?
                        Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluerx7 View Post
                          From my work with toy, maz, mits I'm certain they will all just pay the difference if need be.

Mits will prob go broke doing that though knowing them lol
                          Doesn't Nissan own Mitsubishi now?
                          Originally posted by piss98
                          I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

Comment

Originally posted by 2rismo View Post
                            Doesn't Nissan own Mitsubishi now?
                            Yes.

Comment

the interim recall would be because the reason the airbags are failing is the chemicals used to inflate the airbag are unstable and degrade over time and that's what makes them dangerous, so a new faulty one is safer than an old faulty one
                              1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Comment

Working...
                              X