Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darwinism at work

Comment

Hehehe I got up to 22 contact attempts... but that was only because the car was not driveable at the time and they were only doing the changeover at the workshops... as soon as they dropped a letter in my mailbox to say they'd do it at my home I booked it in... bonus was they also gave me a $100 VISA card for booking it in....
      /csh Racing

Comment

If they are happy to replace it at your workplace or home the main reason for ignoring them goes away, which is having to drop your car off at fucked o clock then finding a way to get to work, having some grubby apprentice climb around in your car then turning up to get your car only to wait around for 20 fucking minutes, 10 hours after dropping it off for a half hour job because "we are flat out today, sorry bro"

Comment

Subaru kept sending us notices, but seemed their website was broken. We'd register for the replacement, and hear nothing from them. Call them, they'd say they'd call back with confirmation, nothing. Finally got it replaced, took 30 minutes. And still got notices in the mail after that.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
            Guys thread bump on this, what happens to imports (personal and sevs)? In particular I'm wondering about 2003-2006 Caldina GT4's. I'm guessing Toyota Australia won't want anything to do with it? But how would go about even checking if it's affected as it's a JDM only model.
            Feel free to PM me your car details and I can see if any similar year/model cars are being Alpha or Beta recalled over this side of the ditch

Comment

Originally posted by nopistons View Post
              Subaru kept sending us notices, but seemed their website was broken. We'd register for the replacement, and hear nothing from them. Call them, they'd say they'd call back with confirmation, nothing. Finally got it replaced, took 30 minutes. And still got notices in the mail after that.
              same.. even though I'd put my VIN in on their website and it would show the replacement had been completed... I shudder to think what its cost them, just in registered mail/paper/printing costs.. my local post office said they have a ton of them which they are constantly returning because people are not home, but because the card left says its a registered letter, they pretty much know its to do with the airbag recall and don't bother going down to collect it..
              /csh Racing

Comment

Originally posted by chartreusehj View Post
                If they are happy to replace it at your workplace or home the main reason for ignoring them goes away, which is having to drop your car off at fucked o clock then finding a way to get to work, having some grubby apprentice climb around in your car then turning up to get your car only to wait around for 20 fucking minutes, 10 hours after dropping it off for a half hour job because "we are flat out today, sorry bro"
                The guy who done mine at home didnt even work for Subaru... they've contracted the work out for home installs... he said he just had to do the training on how to remove them in the affected vehicles and provide his own tools which they specified what he needed to have and once all completed they farmed the jobs out to him to do the letterbox drops and get people booked in... not sure what he was getting per replacement but he seemed happy to get the work... Mine was the easiest replacement for him as I already had the dash out as I was working on the firewall. took him longer to take the photos of the replacement done and the VIN along with submitting the job on his iPad, then it did to pop the old one out of the cradle in the dash and put in the replacement.
                Last edited by BeverlyHillsCop; 18-11-20, 08:53 PM.
                /csh Racing

Comment

This is interesting, mine needs them doing but is currently not moving, how do I arrange this?

Comment

Don’t worry, sussed it but thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

Seems like as good as thread as any. Received this email. Ended up in my gmail spam folder but looks mostly legit. Assuming this is some kind of scam but if it is, it's pretty elaborate.

Dear Madam/Sir

This email contains important information that may affect your legal rights. Please read it carefully and consider your options.

You are receiving this email because you have been identified as a person who may be a group member in class action proceedings filed in the Supreme Court of New South Wales against Toyota, Lexus, Subaru, Honda, BMW, Nissan and Mazda brought on behalf of consumers affected by Takata airbag recalls (Takata airbags class actions).

An in-principle agreement to settle the Takata airbags class actions has been reached between the parties (proposed settlement). The total agreed settlement sum is $52 million, inclusive of all legal costs, costs of settlement administration and any funder's remuneration. Eligible group members will be entitled to receive a settlement payment if the proposed settlement is approved by the Court.

Access to the Notice of Proposed Settlement is available here: www.airbagclassaction.com

It includes information about:
                      1. how to determine whether you are an eligible group member;
                      2. if you are an eligible group member:
                        1. how to register to receive a settlement payment from the settlement; and
                        2. your right to object to any terms of the proposed settlement.

To be eligible for a settlement payment, you must be a group member and you must register your claim. The deadline to register is 4:00pm AEDT on 18 February 2022. If you are a group member and you do not register your claim, you will not be entitled to receive a settlement payment from the settlement.

The deadline to object to the proposed settlement is 4:00pm AEDT on 18 February 2022.

If there is anything you do not understand or if you have any questions, you may seek independent legal advice or contact Quinn Emanuel at: takata@quinnemanuel.com. Any questions you have concerning the matters contained in this notice should not be directed to the Court.
                      Note: if you owned or leased a Toyota Corolla vehicle (Model Years 2003-2005) affected by recall notice PRA 2020/18579 issued in September 2020, then you should visit the settlement and opt out notice at: www.supremecourt.justice.nsw.gov.au/Pages/sco2_classaction/Toyota-Australia-Class-Action.aspx
                      This communication has been made pursuant to Court orders made on 13 September 2021.
                      TL;DR I feel hard done by. Where's my money?

Edit: Actually does seem above board but I'm struggling to find what's really in it for me (had 2 cars affected and 4 air bags replaced including one replaced twice)
                      Last edited by Shonky; 18-10-21, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Seems like $52M is the settlement
                        $13M to some private fund that somehow sponsors these litigations
                        $15.3M to the lawyers (so the private fund is all profit because they won?)
                        $20k each to lead plaintiffs (6 of them I think)
                        Rest is split amongst those who join the settlement?

Comment

So as usual the legal system is the real winner here.
                          Norbie!

Comment

Certainly my take. More than half goes into getting it. How the fuck did they spend 15M on lawyers FFS? Even at $1000/h that's like 5 man years.

Comment

Yeah I registered for this from the ISF I had, not that I expect much to come out of it
                              Originally posted by Jim
                              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                              What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

My M3 VIN is not eligible according to the registration website even though it needed 3 visits to be sorted out. It's definitely eligible according to the ruling. My old wagon VIN checked out ok though.

If I get $50 or $100 or something, it's money I wouldn't have had otherwise...

Comment

Working...
                                X