Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the Landcruiser 300 series?

I'm thinking of replacing the family truckster. I'm probably 6 months off doing something but I thought the 200 series would be good for us as a daily family car and also be good for holiday fraser island dutys 3-4 times a year.

While looking around it dawned on me that the 200 series is a pretty old truck now, and it must be time for a 300 series. And if the 300 series is coming some time soon then i'd be happy to wait a while for that. However when i looked on the net I found nothing, no spy shots, no prototypes, nothing other than a few other pages with people asking the same question "where is the 300 series?'

Looking at the model history its overdue
    60 series -> 1980 to 1989 > 9 years
    80 series 1990 to 1997 > 7 years
    100 series -> 1998 to 2007 > 9 years
    200 series ->2007 to 201? > 10 years and counting

So what gives? Where is the 300 series?
    I am a retarded 747 captain who now sells waterslides in Perth.

Still no new Prado yet, that'll be first

Comment

I was pretty sure they just facelifted the thing this month... so a few years?
      ---
      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Facelift has been around since September 2015.

Comment

Yeah, facelift is only relatively new with a good amount of life left in it yet, so don't expect new LC any time soon.

Comment

Everest.
            2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
            2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
            I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

I reckon the 200 has another 5 years of sales in it.
              Skrrraaaarrrrrk

Comment

Why would Toyota NEED to replace it? The bigger question should be, WILL they replace it? Toyota may decide that like the 70 series, the 200 can continue along with updates as required.

Comment

Originally posted by Cock Fist View Post
                  Yeah, facelift is only relatively new with a good amount of life left in it yet, so don't expect new LC any time soon.
                  this.

get the Y62
                  Originally posted by Rdyno
                  70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                  Originally posted by Tripper
                  Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Betting on IRS and hybrid for the 300 series...
                    Originally posted by ALLMTR
                    the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

if you like fuel bills and your local servo, look at a LX570 second hand!! can get a well looked after early model one for decent coin (these were 150K plus brand new!)

toyota/Lexus really are idiots for not selling the diesel lx570 here but they sell it in NZ
                      Originally posted by Kiahatsiu
                      Dear Fidel,
                      Well, enough small talk, how is the corn chute?
                      Regards
                      Kia.
                      Originally posted by rolin7
                      the car is basically a drunk guy from Toowoomba with an empty VB case on his head.
                      Originally posted by tomvale13
                      maybe don a stackhat, a cardigan, wear a cheese cake as underpants and see how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                        Why would Toyota NEED to replace it? The bigger question should be, WILL they replace it? Toyota may decide that like the 70 series, the 200 can continue along with updates as required.
                        Because thats what they do, make something, then 8-10 years later make a better one so everyone buys a new one.

unless your Mitsubishi with the pajero, current chassis been going 18 years!

Comment

Originally posted by bpm View Post
                          Still no new Prado yet, that'll be first
                          facelift coming out shortly... looks pretty good!

http://www.caradvice.com.au/554410/2...celift-leaked/

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Shermuz View Post
                            facelift coming out shortly... looks pretty good!

http://www.caradvice.com.au/554410/2...celift-leaked/
                            I saw a newish Prado the other week with a split tailgate and not a swing one like they always have

is this a new thing or aftermarket mod?

looked good and somewhat practical
                            Originally posted by Kiahatsiu
                            Dear Fidel,
                            Well, enough small talk, how is the corn chute?
                            Regards
                            Kia.
                            Originally posted by rolin7
                            the car is basically a drunk guy from Toowoomba with an empty VB case on his head.
                            Originally posted by tomvale13
                            maybe don a stackhat, a cardigan, wear a cheese cake as underpants and see how it goes

Comment

I work at a dealer and haven't heard anything but usually dealers are the last to know.

It's been facelifted and I can't see them making a new one for Many years.

Comment

Working...
                              X