Prices of Supras Lately..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zman View Post
    i wonder when my s2k will double in value.
    Poor 50k into, Voltex body kit and boosted built 2.4L....

Comment

Originally posted by Rthirty1 View Post
      Yup S13's = proper money these days
      I just sold a Supra to a bloke who financed it by selling a clean, stock Type X for $18k. I couldn't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Panda View Post
        Its not just a stock thing though. Its also about who is the target market and how that demographic is shifting.

All of my friends (around 30) have hard ons for 90s jap cars. We also have a lot more purchasing power now (because our careers are getting into swing) than 20 year old flatbrimmers. You think GT-Rs going up in price is just a scarcity thing? Its because all the 30 year olds who wanted a mint one when they were 20 now have a big boy budget and a spare spot in the garage.

Its a lot easier to justify buying cars, even if they are overpriced compared to a few years ago, when they represent just a small fraction of your annual income, rather than a multiple of it.
        Agree and guilty of it.

Keen to see where S15 prices go once they're eligable for import in the US in 7 or so years time as only the S13 and S14 were ever sold there.

Comment

Originally posted by afraid View Post
          I just sold a Supra to a bloke who financed it by selling a clean, stock Type X for $18k. I couldn't believe it.
          They were always 13k or there abouts for an unfucked one though weren't they? They've been my dream 'cheap' car since forever.

Comment

Sold my Type X for that about 6 months ago.
            Going rate for a good example.

Comment

I think R32 GTR's are a good buy atm.

Comment

Originally posted by mph View Post
                I think R32 GTR's are a good buy atm.
                bit pricey but yeah. enjoying mine when i don't have to work on it; love how they drive, hate how they are built.
                Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

The age demographic of the market is a massive part of the pricing

If youre not a 18yr old poor cunt and want the least-fucked S13 possible.. whats the actual difference between 10k and 20k? Percentage wise its double sure.. but cash wise its fuck all in the scheme of things

If youre stuck in "what they were worth in my day" then youre priced out of the market forever, and really you dont want one that bad anyway.. plenty cunts who are willing the chuck their cash down

Comment

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/...CVQWUkcOcgilIo

Comment

Originally posted by Zman View Post
                      i wonder when my s2k will double in value.
                      3-4 years later and now they've tripled
                      1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Thats a pretty tidy example, but its a shame they didnt detail it first to get rid of the dirt around the bonnet edges and bottoms of the doors etc

Also, I would have searched high and low to replacethe pod filter with the factory airbox and snorkel as thats the only thing making it look modified

$100k is about right in todays insane JDM market

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
                          Thats a pretty tidy example, but its a shame they didnt detail it first to get rid of the dirt around the bonnet edges and bottoms of the doors etc
                          Patina bro.....

Comment

Originally posted by mph View Post
                            01-09-18, 06:41 PM - I think R32 GTR's are a good buy atm.
                            Can you do me Lotto numbers for Saturday night?

"Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

I don't know, need more pics to decide if I want it or not!
                              Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Not bad, I'm going to send that to Shannons to try get mine to $150k insured (2000 RZ, rarer colour, 86,000kms). This end up selling here in AUS or it's going overseas?
                                '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

Working...
                                X