Chevrolet Camaro is go for Australia, in Holden showrooms next year

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford needs to bring the in the GT350 and price it the same as the Camaro. They're US50K so it should be doable. Although there was something about the GT350 being LHD only???

Comment

Originally posted by Fraud View Post
      These are still built on a platform that was never intended to be RHD right? the engineering for RHD conversion on a relatively small number of them will be huge... The "five year from now" model that they reference will end up being cheaper, possibly better made (rather than a conversion), and will tank the value of these things.. You'd have to really love one of these to jump in now imo...
      From my old memory on this the Zeta platform which was the VE layout which was obviously our commodores but opened the Camaro to being exported into RHD markets.

In saying that a mate brought one over, had it converted and all up privately cost around 95k AUD about 7yrs ago. Was a couple o funny things that they couldn’t get 100% at the time, seats moving forward when tilted forward to get the back occupants out come to memory.

Anywho if this things costs 120k it will be a massive fail.
      Originally posted by Faux Forg
      I agree with Rdyno

Comment

Comment

This Camaro is on the alpha platform, never designed for RHD.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
            Ford needs to bring the in the GT350 and price it the same as the Camaro. They're US50K so it should be doable. Although there was something about the GT350 being LHD only???
            I've heard US only product. Doesn't comply to Euro emissions and pedestrian safety so too hard to get approved globally.

This on the back of "We only make global products."

Comment

Would own one, but will never pay $90k.

/ --------------- \
              _/ /___________\ \_
              /_________|_________\
              |OOO ___________ OOO|
              \______|====|______/
              [_]-------------------[_]

Comment

Well to be fair for most 'muricans global does mean the U.S. Canadia and Mexico....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Will be the next 86 or Mustang; fucking heaps of the cunts everywhere, driven by middle aged women who think it looks cool, and retarded men trying to re-live their 20s

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
                    Sorry, so a company is converting them to RHD. umm yeah, they already are.

Agree with the comment of $90K+ ORC for a cheap car is stupids. It's not factory, I'm dubious of the conversion.
                    Yes but because a Company called HSV is doing it the press gets all overexcited.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
                    I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

When was the last good HSV though? Would have to be the GTO from about 2001?

Comment

What was good about the GTO from 2001 that isn't good about a GTS today?

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                        Yes but because a Company called HSV is doing it the press gets all overexcited.
                        There's an expectation of better than kit-car quality when a conversion is done with factory backing.

Of course, as Aaron said, old-shape Mustsng GT proved that to not always be the case ... although shitter base-car was a problem then.

Originally posted by Cock Fist View Post
                        Will be the next 86 or Mustang; fucking heaps of the cunts everywhere, driven by middle aged women who think it looks cool, and retarded men trying to re-live their 20s
                        Suspect $90k when a same-same Mustang is $60k might keep numbers down.
                        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by HSV Senator View Post
                          In my eyes Camaros are getting uglier with every model and I thought the first one was pretty ordinary looking. I would much rather a Mustang even before the huge premium is added. 0/10 WNB.
                          You shut your whore mouth!
                          I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                            What was good about the GTO from 2001 that isn't good about a GTS today?
                            It looks good and has performance. Everything they've done since has been butt ugly, almost like Homer designed some of them.

Comment

It was just a Monaro.
                              A GTS is just an SS now.
                              I don't see any difference 'tween then & now.
                              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Have to say this isn't doing it for me. Even if it was the same price I'd lean towards the Mustang. For $30k extra...good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X