Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
    NRMA vintage and classic. Myself and many mates with them now. Very good cover and premiums.
    I went to NRMA for insurance a couple of months ago and asked about that for the ute like you told me. The lady there implied that it was for older stuff only, like vintage. What is the age cutoff? Mine is 97 build.

I ended up thinking "fuck, too hard" and just getting 3rd party to make the greenslip cheaper.
    Originally posted by Rdyno
    It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

Subscribed for future use. I had the 63 with NRMA Classic and found them good initially but then out of nowhere they started shafting me but slightly raising my premium and massively dumping the market value of the car. Have everything else insured with Youi as they were really cheap and seemed to not give a shit about the mods on some of the cars even when pressed about it (2JZ swap in e30 etc) but frankly actually having to make a claim worries me so a genuine enthusiast insurer seems like a good plan.
      Originally posted by Dimi
      80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
      Originally posted by schnitzelburger
      My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Following this. I've had a disappointing experience with my dailies insurance.

Wanna move my Gemini farm, SS and bike over as well.
        BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

About to start phoning around about my car. 8 mod codes on it so fingers crossed

Comment

From this thread, just got a quote for all my fleet from enthusiast, the premiums are about the same as Shannons, but don't do bikes yet. They also will cover my ute which is business use, that Shannons don't, but Shannons were up front and said that they wouldn't and gave me a couple of recommendations that weren't Suncorp to try. Enthusiast will cover the ute, but the value they put on it was pretty low compared to my current policy with QBE.

I must say tat I was pleasantly surprised for the premium on the Charger for when it is finished and on the road, under $700 for $100k value with no special security and the only other restriction less than 3000km per year, which I reckon I won't get near that.

I think for the time being I will stay with Shannons as I have everything in the one place and the extra cover under the house and contents for spares and tools and whatever is also nice to have.

And I don't know if NRMA vinatge is the same as normal NRMA, but when I made a not at fault claim about 6 years ago on my BF ute, whilst I got chpoice of repairer, they would only pay that repairer what the cheapest quote from their shitty we send out photos to our workshops to quote on and go to the cheapest quoting system. Because of that I left NRMA pretty quick and won't go back to them.

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFlanders View Post
              I went to NRMA for insurance a couple of months ago and asked about that for the ute like you told me. The lady there implied that it was for older stuff only, like vintage. What is the age cutoff? Mine is 97 build.
              I checked the PDC earlier today, pretty sure it was 15 years. They did state a difference between "classic" (old & rusty) and "vintage" (really old & wood doesn't rust).
              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Oh well, I can upgrade it to Classic then I suppose.
                Originally posted by Rdyno
                It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by JGTC View Post
                  I have my 2 cars with Famous insurance;

- '02 R34 GTR - $100K agreed value with $3K/yr premium

- '83 AE86 Hatch - $15K agreed value with $450/yr premium (cheap because the car was 25+ yrs old)

Covered with cars parked on either driveway of lock-up car-port (not 4-wall garage), can be driven everyday and parked in odd places (shops, work, mates places etc). Also you can buy additional one-off coverage for CAMS events to cover you on the track also.

NRMA vintage is no longer covering GTRs after the number of claims (engine failures and stolen vehicle) went up. When they were insuring, they mentioned the primary usage of the car should be for A-A trips (ie. car cruises, sunday drives etc.) and did not explicitly include the odd trip to work, shops, mates places. This scared me off as I use the car 2-3 times per week.

Shannons would not quote me due to not having a 4-wall lock-up garage.

Much better service ringing up Famous rather than emailing i have found.
                  Coverage on the track? what cost does that end up being? could have really used that before i punted the wall.
                  GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                  VF2 Redline Ute
                  E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                    I checked the PDC earlier today, pretty sure it was 15 years. They did state a difference between "classic" (old & rusty) and "vintage" (really old & wood doesn't rust).
                    Yeah I just came back from NRMA office, it's 15 years so 2 more years before I give them a shot at the 996. They gave me a regular quote for it which was hilarious
                    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Originally posted by bahaimus View Post
                      Do tell?
                      Short version is someone we know their business partner had a policy cancelled and a claim denied recently for failing to disclose informantion. Broker has no recording of the call when policy was taken out, while they have irrefutable proof relevent information was provided. Appointed investigator blatantly lied and very questionable conduct, claims and investigator didnt get their stories straght and contradict each other in their statements. Turns out reasons for policy cancellation wasnt against their guidelines (they have a copy of the guidelines now)

It went to FOS and they didnt even address any of the issues in question in depth and upheld decision. ... Currently being prepared for appeal in supreme court I believe

Comment

Originally posted by CosRat View Post
                        they have irrefutable proof relevant information was provided... it went to FOS... they upheld decision
                        Generally speaking the only way you will lose at the FOS is if you should have. If the facts are clearly in your favour they will support you, if there's a grey area they'll support you, if the facts are clearly against you they will support the insurer. If it went to FOS and failed then there's a pretty solid chance it was not "irrefutable".

Unless I read it wrong:

1. You say that information was stated as not disclosed, but it actually was and you can prove it.
                        2. You later say the information was not outside the guidelines.

That leaves four combinations of information available:

1. You prove it was disclosed and it was something acceptable to them - claim paid
                        2. They prove it was not disclosed but it was something acceptable to them - claim paid
                        3. You prove it was disclosed and it was something not acceptable to them - claim paid
                        4. They prove it was not disclosed and that it was something not acceptable to them - claim declined

There's a little more to it than that but in general you have to fail on both points in order to lose. You have to have withheld something AND that something must be clearly proven as unacceptable to them.

So in order to fail at the FOS you must not have had "irrefutable" proof that the information was disclosed - because if it was disclosed and you can prove it then they cannot decline it (even if it was unacceptable to them) and the FOS will not allow them to.
                        Originally posted by 350stato
                        100% agree with Shifty

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFlanders View Post

I ended up thinking "fuck, too hard" and just getting 3rd party to make the greenslip cheaper.
                          Scott's VS is 97 I think and he's with them too. Just checked and my excess is actually only $300
                          CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
                            Coverage on the track? what cost does that end up being? could have really used that before i punted the wall.
                            Track events must be CAMS so events like Powercruise etc. are not covered. For the GTR it was about $150 from memory for coverage for one event.

more info here;
                            http://forum.wrx.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83207

Comment

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
                              1. You prove it was disclosed and it was something they said was unacceptable to them - but their own provided guidelines show otherwise - claim unpaid
                              Cant really elaborate more as its going back to court to be appealed, the majority of documents provided as part of the investigation are flawed and contradict each other as well. I wouldnt piss on enthusiast if they were on fire

Comment

I think there a couple of different categorys of car here that makes a big difference. Shannons seems to suit heavily modified cars a whole lot better than some less modified "classic" cars. I have my car through Shannons, it's insured for 30k and costs $500 a year limited use, it has 8 modification codes on it. They know as much about the car as i do, if i called them right now they could tell me what cams i'm running. its a good thing because it makes you know you are covered just keep them in the loop.

When i had an r34 skyline i got a quote through shannons, it had wheels, coilovers ect, nice car but no mod codes, they told me straight up that is not the sort of car that interested them but gave me a quote because i have 2 other cars though them. The quote was high, it ended up insured with suncorp for hslf the price.
                                meh

Comment

Working...
                                X