No announcement yet.

Sydney Panel Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool they're next to Croyden Autosport. I'll hit them up. I'm actually thinking of either fixing this or even going a colour change the Gulf Livery. So if go complete Gulf Livery I'd care about the finish, to patch and repair this damage no so much.

Comment

Hi guys,

Looking at this again a few years later and I know panel shops work can change over time. Despite the amazing reputation and very high end cars they work on, I did not go well with my last choice... I wasn't alone as it turned out. They are no longer in business.

Again, its just for some simple paintwork. They aren't North side but apparently Silhouette smash in Alexandria have been recommended to me, anyone know them? https://www.silhouettesmash.com.au . Any other recommendations? I did try S&R Auto Body in Hornsby but had a bit of a bizarre experience with the owner so I didn't proceed with them, not a comment on their work or anything.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by HSV Senator View Post
        Hi guys,

Looking at this again a few years later and I know panel shops work can change over time. Despite the amazing reputation and very high end cars they work on, I did not go well with my last choice... I wasn't alone as it turned out. They are no longer in business.

Again, its just for some simple paintwork. They aren't North side but apparently Silhouette smash in Alexandria have been recommended to me, anyone know them? https://www.silhouettesmash.com.au . Any other recommendations? I did try S&R Auto Body in Hornsby but had a bit of a bizarre experience with the owner so I didn't proceed with them, not a comment on their work or anything.

Cheers
        Interested to hear what happened with S&R
        Was it Patrick you spoke to ?? - He can be a bit weird I've heard..

I spoke to him about 3 mths ago to look at getting my SWB Pajero re-sprayed, but they were mega busy and they are unable to fit it in before March next year... , so settled on another place - but can't comment on them yet as it is going in in Late January now as I was delayed in getting it ready...

Comment

Originally posted by Southo View Post

Interested to hear what happened with S&R
          Was it Patrick you spoke to ?? - He can be a bit weird I've heard..

I spoke to him about 3 mths ago to look at getting my SWB Pajero re-sprayed, but they were mega busy and they are unable to fit it in before March next year... , so settled on another place - but can't comment on them yet as it is going in in Late January now as I was delayed in getting it ready...
          Apologies, I can't recall the guys name. Basically trying to start an argument with me, insisting I had no idea about my car and that it had an aftermarket paint job that would be near impossible to match. Ive owned my car since new off the dealer floor, Its a factory paint colour, admittedly its a very unusual colour and only ever appeared on this car for a very limited run, so little chance he had ever seen one before. Plus the paint does look brand new despite the age of the car. Still, it gave me a bad vibe about how it would go down, so I just went elsewhere. He may have just been having a bad day, I don't know.

Comment

Apologies, I can't recall the guys name. Basically trying to start an argument with me, insisting I had no idea about my car and that it had an aftermarket paint job that would be near impossible to match. Ive owned my car since new off the dealer floor, Its a factory paint colour, admittedly its a very unusual colour and only ever appeared on this car for a very limited run, so little chance he had ever seen one before. Plus the paint does look brand new despite the age of the car. Still, it gave me a bad vibe about how it would go down, so I just went elsewhere. He may have just been having a bad day, I don't know.
            Yep, That would turn me off too.
            Had it happen a few times when taking to 4WD places when looking for stuff for my shorty. Talk the vehicle down, questioning why I would bother modifying it etc, should just buy a Toyota / Nissan etc

Patrick is the Owner I think, and there is a another bloke there (likewise, can't remember his name) who is the Manager.
            I used to be good friends with Patrick's Brother, but fell out about 3 years ago so haven;t really had much to do with them since.
            IIFC, Nick on here also had his Golf R32 repaired by them years ago too. They do good work, I've never had any issues, but if the vibe isn't there, then it can be really off putting

Comment

When asking a similar question, I was recommended Prestige Auto Salon, which at Rydalmere might not be Northside but is kinda Northside-adjacent.
              I can't recall who recommended it.

Apparently they do all of JRA's cars that get munted on boats or in transport or in yards, and according to their spiel they started out as detailers & saw a gap in the market for paint jobs that would be done in a way that was acceptable to the sort of person who's happy to pay someone a grand or two to detail their car.

Took the Commode there (flimsy near-Subaru-spec VF panels & a deep mica paint in a near-black green) when old codger scraped it with his car, they reckoned it'd buff out & they wouldn't need to touch the paint - and they were right. Really happy with that result, even if it doesn't show off their painting prowess, and they coulda conned Shannons for a lot more money if they'd wanted to.
              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Hi guys,

They aren't North side but apparently Silhouette smash in Alexandria have been recommended to me, anyone know them? https://www.silhouettesmash.com.au .
                Mates brother works there (am double checking). I'll get back to you. Have heard their work is good.
                2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
                2004 Nissan El Grand rape van
                2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
                2007 Suzuki SX4 - Ski Mule
                2005 WR250
                + 2 trailers and a caravan.
                I finance the RMS

Comment

Originally posted by Southo View Post

Yep, That would turn me off too.
                  Had it happen a few times when taking to 4WD places when looking for stuff for my shorty. Talk the vehicle down, questioning why I would bother modifying it etc, should just buy a Toyota / Nissan etc

Patrick is the Owner I think, and there is a another bloke there (likewise, can't remember his name) who is the Manager.
                  I used to be good friends with Patrick's Brother, but fell out about 3 years ago so haven;t really had much to do with them since.
                  IIFC, Nick on here also had his Golf R32 repaired by them years ago too. They do good work, I've never had any issues, but if the vibe isn't there, then it can be really off putting

Thanks Southo.

I don't understand why people would do that, its your car and your business.

It could well have been the manager, this guy was quite old from memory, I thought he introduced himself as owner but this was in 2017.

I wouldn't write it off as an option, I was just surprised by the interaction at the time and had other options. In the end, I just need a tiny bit of paint work done, so not a big job.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                    When asking a similar question, I was recommended Prestige Auto Salon, which at Rydalmere might not be Northside but is kinda Northside-adjacent.
                    I can't recall who recommended it.

Apparently they do all of JRA's cars that get munted on boats or in transport or in yards, and according to their spiel they started out as detailers & saw a gap in the market for paint jobs that would be done in a way that was acceptable to the sort of person who's happy to pay someone a grand or two to detail their car.

Took the Commode there (flimsy near-Subaru-spec VF panels & a deep mica paint in a near-black green) when old codger scraped it with his car, they reckoned it'd buff out & they wouldn't need to touch the paint - and they were right. Really happy with that result, even if it doesn't show off their painting prowess, and they coulda conned Shannons for a lot more money if they'd wanted to.
                    Thanks for the suggestion, that's good info. Its actually exactly what I need as its just a little bit of paint work, no repairs or anything. I also approve of their honesty! Rare these days.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbart View Post

Mates brother works there (am double checking). I'll get back to you. Have heard their work is good.
                      Thanks, blackbart. That is very helpful and appreciated.

Comment

He still works there. Can give him a heads up if you head in.
                        2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
                        2004 Nissan El Grand rape van
                        2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
                        2007 Suzuki SX4 - Ski Mule
                        2005 WR250
                        + 2 trailers and a caravan.
                        I finance the RMS

Comment

Scotty @ Unique Customs in Brookvale

Comment

Originally posted by blackbart View Post
                            He still works there. Can give him a heads up if you head in.
                            Thanks, blackbart.

Comment

Originally posted by 1320ft View Post
                              Scotty @ Unique Customs in Brookvale
                              Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check them out as well.

Comment

Jack Hillermans in Artarmon may be worth a call.

Brian Bugh used to be on here and did panel work - fucked if I can remember what his username is though - used to have a turbo clubman and then a Corvette?
                                Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
                                Official Photographer 2020 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

Working...
                                X