Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the hotness in GPS lap timers now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaceChrono Pro here with a Qstarz 10Hz GPS.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

Originally posted by yohoes View Post
      Best or cheapest app to just get GPS speed overlayed onto video without OBD2?

Used for 1000m and 800m straights

Edit: Harrys Petrolhead app says it will do this easy.. for $10 more RaceChrono Pro says it will record from my GoPro? Will it overlay speed and shit onto my GoPro footage live??
      You can overlay with the gps data using racechrono, this is done inside racechrono.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jkl...XVT8SQ&index=5

Comment

Use harrys.
        Seen some people using egg timers

Comment

Originally posted by yohoes View Post
          Best or cheapest app to just get GPS speed overlayed onto video without OBD2?

Used for 1000m and 800m straights

Edit: Harrys Petrolhead app says it will do this easy.. for $10 more RaceChrono Pro says it will record from my GoPro? Will it overlay speed and shit onto my GoPro footage live??
          I just export the 'lap' from Harry's Rookie Edition (running on Android phone with bluetooth QStarz thingy), then use RaceRender software (free) to overlay the GPS data on the video. Bit fiddly, and wouldn't say it's the hotness, but it works.

Comment

Not sure why you go to all that trouble when Racechrono pro does it out if the box ?

Comment

I use a seperate camera, so it's no extra trouble at all. If anything, it's probably quicker and easier to do it on a PC/laptop than importing the video to the phone via the PC to use Racechrono Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
                Use harrys.
                Seen some people using egg timers
                Would that be the excel guys?

Comment

Originally posted by hrd View Post
                  I use a seperate camera, so it's no extra trouble at all. If anything, it's probably quicker and easier to do it on a PC/laptop than importing the video to the phone via the PC to use Racechrono Pro.
                  I ended up buying the RaceChromo pro app

Plus i have Bluestacks android emulator on my media PC so in my case it'll be easy

Comment

Hotness

http://www.aim-sportline.com/en/prod...o2dl/index.htm
                    BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

Comment

^^ looks like a good thing. Am currently doing a handling overhaul of the car and thinking it's probably long over due that I started gathering more data to make more objective calls on setup and overall performance on lap times using segments etc. Seems like a well thought out bit of kit.

Comment

Originally posted by nelsonian101 View Post
                        Racestudio only had EC GP layout. You need to setup North, South, Full yourself. I have an AIM dash logger with the GPS module, and TBH I find Racechrono so much easier.

So easy on the phone to see sector times, optimal laps etc.

Comment

Thread revival
                          Getting ready for a khanacross (with Skid Control up here in Brisbane) with the GR Yaris and wanted to get a lap timer. Investigated Harry's and Racechrono, both seem similar with maybe Racechrono being a touch better for khana/autocross. I'll likely do a track day or two sometime in the future too. Any feedback on either for that purpose?

Will also need a windscreen mount for the phone I guess, just get anything off ebay or is there something good/strong to go for?
                          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

how baller are you??

https://buy.garmin.com/en-AU/AU/p/690726

Oo___oO

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
                              Not that fucking baller thats for sure. Seems like a fucking wicked piece of kit.
                              iPhone and an app will do me fine I'm sure.
                              I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

How well do these things work on a small khana course? The one I do would be lucky to be75x75 meters.
                                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Working...
                                X