Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I know about Klugers before nopics buys one?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They’re all shit, and yet the buyers keep buying them, so shitness isn’t a negative in that segment.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

They do what they're designed to do; I don't think car enthusiasts are their target market.

Comment

Are there many car manufactures left that would have car enthusiasts as their target market???

The race to the bottom is permeating through so many facets of society nowadays.

Comment

They're thirsty I'd go a Kia or Hyundai

Comment

Drove the now previous model a couple years back (2017 ish). Had 1500km on the clock and I put another 1200km or so on it. Thought it was reasonably comfortable to drive around in and the drivetrain (3.5 v6) is one of the better ones out there but my god was it thirsty - returned 9-10L/100km mostly driving on 100km/h highways. Driving around town or anything resembling a hill would see it soar over 20L/100km. Turbo diesel Hilux which went on the same trip cost half as much to run. Entertainment system was also pretty dated. Handled like a jumping castle but you don't buy a kluger if that's a concern.
            Last edited by TMM; 02-01-20, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Do the safety dance. View Post
              They do what they're designed to do; I don't think car enthusiasts are their target market.
              True, but if my 2015 Colorado has better seats and steering the bar is pretty fucking low....

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
              2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

It’s a 7 seat SUV what do you expect? Ours feels better than the competition we drove, namely the Kia, Hyundai, CX9 and Territory. I don’t mind the seats either, they have crap lateral support but it is like driving a couch.
                Last edited by takai; 03-01-20, 09:28 AM.
                Chris
                ------
                The new nugget
                I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Yeh once adjusted for me I don't mind the seats, the biggest thing that shit me off was where my left knee rests against the centre console as it was uncomfortable as fuck but I fixed it with a stick on, leather trimmed knee pad thingo (maybe just me as where my knee rested was right on the edge of the centre console so it dug in on long drives). They are never going to set the world on fire but they do what they're supposed to well. It's nice and comfy on the highway and can get out of it's own way around town (or smoke P platers off the lights ). Ours is averaging around 10-10.5ltr/100km so not terrible by any stretch and it does do a fair bit of short trips (and was doing a few highway km's when the Mrs was working part time 15 mins up the highway in Nambour)

I've got used to the shit that annoyed me when we first got it, the stereo is not great in terms of useability but once you are used to it there is no major issue. The nav only working when under 10kmh (you can't input a route while moving) is a bit annoying but makes sense I guess. All the electric help bar traction and bline spot monitoring is off (lane assist, radar cruise etc can EAD as can collision alert). One of the things I do really like is the cross traffic warning thingo which comes on with the reversing camera and gives a beep and a flash on the side a car is approaching from...handy in car parks especially when everyone is driving big barges like these and you can't see shit backing out.

It's a bit of a cunt to wash as it's fucking big (for a short arse like me anyway, I need to stand on the wheels to reach the roof either end and the top of the windscreen) and has lots of fiddly curves etc and like lots of modern cars now the wheels are a cunt to properly wash (thanks Bowdens Wheely Clean). They do rip a decent FWD skid though.
                  Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

New one just got released in the US. Expect it to be here not too soon.

Comment

With these shitboxen, “new” is usually just a facelift. You wouldn’t expect any real improvement in ... well, anything.

At least there’s truth in their advertising ... the tagline for the Kia Seltos ad is “Seltos - der”.
                      Last edited by Captiva Fan; 03-01-20, 01:23 PM.
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

They should stick a small turbo on them, they go pretty well but a low blow turbo that didn't strangle top end would make them pretty quick* I reckon! (* for a nearly 2 tonne barge)
                        Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

They have no low down torque, there's like nothing until 3500rpm.
                          Top end power looks good on paper, but it's useless in a 2t SUV.

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                            They should stick a small turbo on them, they go pretty well but a low blow turbo that didn't strangle top end would make them pretty quick* I reckon! (* for a nearly 2 tonne barge)
                            Do you really want power, with handling & braking like that?

Comment

Gerly truk buyers are not interested in turbos unless it reduces fuel economy

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                                With these shitboxen, “new” is usually just a facelift. You wouldn’t expect any real improvement in ... well, anything.

At least there’s truth in their advertising ... the tagline for the Kia Seltos ad is “Seltos - der”.
                                It's running the new TNGA platform that all the reviewers are raving about. So it isn't a facelift more so a platform change.

Comment

Working...
                                X