X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SRB210 View Post
    Quick PFer appearance in the latest busa rolla episode
    I saw a green thing.
    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
      This latest trackday vid had me wondering is there any cheap RWD platforms still available that would be suitable as a budget track day car?
      You know kind of like a KE70 was 10 plus years ago for example?
      Aside from the known E36, which is still cheap buying for engine swaps. E8x/E9x 1 series / 3 series BMW I think is the next thing. Great suspension design, 3L NA engine is pretty stout ( 260-270hp), or turbo models can be found pretty cheap if you don't mind addressing a few of the potential problems and want more go fasts. E46 has chassis issues and prices are kinda similar to later models. Lots of support for suspension and the brakes are pretty decent as it is. Only stumbling block for NA models is finding manuals in aus, but it's not so hard to convert.
      Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
      This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Yeah i certainly hadn't thought of the newer BMW's but that makes sense.
        1 series looks can be overlooked if the price is right.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Covid prices kinda knocked things around a bit, but you can still find 125i and 130i's for under 10k. The 125i and 325i models actually have the same 3L motor as the 130i and 330i models, it just has a different inlet manifold (which can be swapped) and tune, so they can be modified to higher output pretty easily. It's funny, 3 series prices didnt really go nuts with covid, so you can find manual 325i and 330i cars for well under 10k. There's little difference in weight between 1 and 3 series, both share the same chassis design and components.

Before covid prices drove them up, you could buy N54 powered 335i's in the low teens. Even less at auction. So you could have a pretty stout car with an easy 350bhp for about a 20k outlay (purchase price, maintenance issues and caged). That's not bad for a modern sedan with full factory support for replacement parts and plenty of aftermarket options for go fast and steer well bits.
          Last edited by Madhatr; 22-08-21, 07:52 AM.
          Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
          This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveBxGT View Post
            With the new workshop setup with chassis dyno and hub dyno side by side i’d love to see a vid of a car going straight from one to the other for a direct comparison.
            This has now been sort of done, but by Motive Video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqYN6Qgn0Vk

Comment

That starion looks fantastic. And the bump setup was very well illustrated in the race footage.
              Torque sells tow cars.
              Horsepower wins horse races.

Comment

The white 5 series looked great with the Barra in the engine bay. Is there any information floating around the net on it?

Hoff, please show us the dyno video of it
                Kebabhunter

Comment

Originally posted by mrkebabs View Post
                  The white 5 series looked great with the Barra in the engine bay. Is there any information floating around the net on it?

Hoff, please show us the dyno video of it
                  he only dynoed it on friday, im sure he will have vids of it
                  im a cunt
                  and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Originally posted by Kiahatsiu View Post
                    That starion looks fantastic.
                    What wasnt seen was the pile of sprinkles on the floor of the dyno cell when we were taking it off the hubs. One dead cat was restricting things a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post

he only dynoed it on friday, im sure he will have vids of it
                      Sweet. Hopefully the owner is ok with him filming/sharing.
                      Kebabhunter

Comment

Working...
                      X