Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holden Acadia pricing?

guys, nopics and i went to ikea last week and saw an acadia. she thinks its amazing and i have to say its pretty nice. borrowed a demo today, 2018 ltz-v 4wd in scorpion. the things lovely, what im unsure of is pricing. this one has tint, the optional paint and mats, and has 5000km. "my price" $63800. carsales is showing them at 62k with 200-5000km.

my questions are,

the list is 74k. does 11k seem a reasonable amount off?

do you think these will plummet price wise?

and to follow, would we be better waiting till theres one at say 8 months old and 10000km?

i would have taken a 2wd at 4k less but apparently the 2wd ltz-v is really thin on the ground

any other thoughts welcome.
    Originally posted by Marv
    Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

These will have the resale value of a Holden Viva. I'd be wanting some other sap to take the initial depreciation hit personally.

Comment

Agree with Gats. Seems a lot of cash for something that may well drop 50-60% of its value in the next two years. And maybe that's fine or you can claim the depreciation, but have you considered a 2 year old Q7/Disco for the same money?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SSE-AD-5992109

That said, they're a better looking thing than the Nissan/Mazda options. And an $11k discount off list seems generous.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
      230SL 'Pagoda' | 911 SC Targa | FC RX-7 Infini

Comment

Surely once everyone realises GMC badges fit and they're fully 'murican they should hold their value fairly well. Like basically every US GM/Ford designed vehicle that's ever hit our shores.

I'd be jumping online and looking at Jeep values to get an idea of depreciation as I'd imagine they'd be similar.
        11k is a decent discount for 5000km.

Comment

Originally posted by 138ci View Post
          I'd be jumping online and looking at Jeep values to get an idea of depreciation as I'd imagine they'd be similar.
          To give OP an idea, we dropped 45% in 3 years/40k kms on our Grand Cherokee.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
          230SL 'Pagoda' | 911 SC Targa | FC RX-7 Infini

Comment

Base model is brand New at $43,000 drive away,...... How the fuck do they get to $74,000 for the top of the line ??

If history is anything to go by (when I was involved with resale values and forecasting for vehicle rating factors when I was still in the insurance industry) - anything that has that much of a value difference within the same model will not hold it's value - They are going to drop in value like a lead balloon...

Surely the $11,000 drop since August 2018 - (7mths /5,000km) is proof of that......

Wait for some other poor sucker to take the 40+% hit in the first 24 mths when they start coming off lease and then grab one if you love them that much....

EDIT - They are discounting BRAND NEW Ones a heap - so definitely wait...

and REDBOOK is already predicting the doom...

Private Price Guide._____$49,000 - $53,100
            Trade In Price Guide.____$42,200 - $46,300
            Average Km___________15,000km - 25,000km

If you really want to prove it to yourself - Take your Loner to a different dealership and tell them you want to trade it in as it's too Big / Ugly / Small / Thirsty and see what they offer you on a trade for something around the $74,000 initial price...

Comment

I have them in stock and demo if you just want to drive one

Comment

I think they are an awesome car but yeah big bucks can mean they have a large way to fall.
                CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

thanks blokes. as i expected. explained this to her earlier and she quite quickly said " lets wait" working off redbook right now, a ltz-v with 25000km is booking at 39k......

apart from that, these things are really fucking good. and my parts guys can order the gmc grille and stuff.... :D
                  Originally posted by Marv
                  Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Are Holden likely to even be around in 3-5 years?
                    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

I'm a believer the 25,000 - 50,000km range is good for getting a car that still should look brand new but only getting half the shaft on depreciation compared to the whole shaft at 15,000 - new kms.
                      Originally posted by Mr Jones
                      Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                        Are Holden likely to even be around in 3-5 years?
                        Probably less likely than anyone wants to admit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Southo View Post
                          Base model is brand New at $43,000 drive away,...... How the fuck do they get to $74,000 for the top of the line ??
                          I was wondering that considering the difference is a rear axle and shiny bits - they all have the same engine.

It's not as bad as it looks - $43k+ORC is technically the entry point, and the top of the line model is $67,990+ORC. I'd be surprised if anyone ever actually pays full retail for either.

Still, you can see why the manufacturers love SUVs. $25k extra for something that probably costs them a couple of grand more to manufacture.

Comment

We said yehnah to the higher spec Kluger we got as for the extra $13k you got ventilated seats, sunroof and an extra inch on the wheels. Yehnah.
                            Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

I know all manufacturers do it, but for most SUV upgrades you get particularly shitful value.

$20k (50%) on a BMW 1 series takes you from a 1.5L turbo 4 with 100kW/220Nm to a 250kW/500Nm turbo straight six. Plus all the fancy shiny extras.

50% on an SUV gives you bigger wheels, AWD and some leather. Someone's taking the piss. And plenty of people happily drink it.

Wonder if the lower priced models are actually loss makers and they never sell any.

Comment

Working...
                              X