135i for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

135i for me?

Looking for a weekend toy. Thinking a 135i, manual of course, with some basic mods could be for me. Not a fan of the m135i hatch style and give no fark about passengers or practability. Checking this out tomorrow, any thing in particular I should be looking for?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SSE-AD-5735477

Only issue I think is they look a little bit like a shoe... I had one ages ago (2008 model). When it was taken from me it had just on 99K on the clock and there were a few issues namely HPFP and coil packs. I believe they got better over time and most issues should have been sorted under warranty. That one looks like a particularly good example.
    Find your Freedom
    Home Loans | Car Loans | Investment Portfolios | Property Management
    www.FreedomFunding.com.au
    www.ProgressiveProperty.com.au

Click for PF Loans
    If you're thinking of buying, or that you may be paying too much on your home loan PM me for a no obligation chat!

Comment

280 killerwasps at the rear wheels (in that particular lightly modded example) would have to be entertaining.
      Randy De Puniet has had more crashes than any other rider in the history of Grand Prix motorcycle racing.

Comment

280rwkw has to be on E85. That turbo is just too small or a happy dyno. They don't really make more than 220-230 with a flash.
        Waterpump, throttle body pipe already replaced - looks good.
        Be cautious of the 550i clutch and single mass flywheel combination. 550i like most OEM clutches is a sprung hub and supposed to go on a DMFW. I never measured the stackheights of each combo and haven't seen them.

Comment

Yeah 280rwkw sounds optimistic, the N55 turbo is tiny.
          Otherwise looks good.
          I had a DCT one and it saw tons of track time and the only issue (not of my own making) was a dead waterpump.

Comment

The original n54 is probably more tunable and with flash tune, downpipes you should get closer to the 280
            +rwkw on 98.

B
            When too much horsepower is barely enough

Comment

Taken the plunge, deposit paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgs View Post
                Only issue I think is they look a little bit like a shoe...
                Or one of those red and yellow kids cars.

Comment

how much are the 1M's coming down to?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bb671 View Post
                      Taken the plunge, deposit paid.
                      Nice one.
                      BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

Comment

Wow just looked them up now. Fuck that 2017 M2 Pure with 4,000KM on for $62K

Comment

The first two on Carsales are on the WOVR...

Congrats on the purchase bb671 - i know the shape is a bit contentious but i don't mind them at all...
                          The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

I think they can look quite good. This is my old one.

Comment

So do these things suffer from any of the E36/E46 chassis cracking issues ?
                              Panzer Wagen

M-Cars follow the idea that power should be felt & not seen

Comment

Working...
                              X