Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
    Yes but he is in Canberra and it isn't inside powering a garbage truck.
    Ah Canberra, yeah not much happens there. Heavy Automatics dont even have a branch lol
    Any good shop would of run it on a transmission dyno, blown it up in house and fixed it properly

Comment

Rorge found a place in wagga that had done a few - just as the trans was crossing the border though.
      This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by dnegative View Post
        Ah Canberra, yeah not much happens there. Heavy Automatics dont even have a branch lol
        Any good shop would of run it on a transmission dyno, blown it up in house and fixed it properly
        Most guys head to Sydney or Wagga to get stuff done.

Comment

Its Funny, im in the industry we had a guy drive his car from 100kms north of Adelaide to get his car fixed, as no one local wanted to touch it, or wanted way too much money. Iím from Melbourne btw so thatís a massive trip for a fix!

Comment

It's honestly strange to me these days - in business or personal - people don't want to take your money - or are asking 'don't want your business money' - literally the trans shop that looked at it first pushed it out the front...

Comment

Originally posted by GSRman View Post
              It's honestly strange to me these days - in business or personal - people don't want to take your money - or are asking 'don't want your business money' - literally the trans shop that looked at it first pushed it out the front...
              I can't comment on your situation specifically, but I completely understand it and do it often. Some jobs are too high risk, or I haven't done one and am too busy already to waste time learning something I'll probably never do again.

Comment

Even for some trans shops certain cars are just too hard from them. I work at a place that when it gets too hard for mechanics/trans rebuilders they give it to us. We always have mechanics/trans rebuilders rocking up to our place for assistance!

Comment

Yeah, and those guys are smart enough to realise that either they can't afford to learn how to build one or they can probably get it done but it won't be built to an acceptable, warrantable standard nor will it be done in what they would consider a reasonable time frame.

I wouldn't expect a local transmission shop to do one, they are going to have to source manuals and spend hours on the phone trying to buy parts etc - why lose money doing that, just tell the bloke to call daltrans, heavy autos, Craig's etc

Comment

Guess it will depend on how many Holden sell now - as to If it was the right decision or not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

All bullshit. The reality is most trans shops are run by people that were taught by other people that just winged it. Never seal a pan properly because you know it will be back because you guessed a lot of it, that shifts ok, my scan tool says it's ok, what?
                      There are people that take it seriously and use the massive amount of info available to better themselves. There are also dudes that have no idea what they are doing that take peoples money and then use radio silence to get out of not fixing their glaring fuckups.
                      David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                      You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Guess it will depend on how many Holden sell now - as to If it was the right decision or not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                        Last time I saw a dealer pull a transmission down to rebuild it was me on a VW Syncro nearly 20 years ago, autos were always swapped and sent back to the manufacturer.
                        And to be honest, it's getting harder and harder to find a good local transmission shop these days. Alot of them simply fit rebuilt units from a wholesale shop.

Comment

Looks like it's "fixed"?
                          Last edited by Lobster; 16-10-19, 12:34 PM.
                          Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

"yes"

Comment

How did you end up fixing it and did original trans shop come to the party with a refund of the work ?

Comment

Paid TC4 to rebuild it again - which still didn't fix the original problem - ended up back at B1's shop - where it came apart again (after chasing elleventy other things) and replaced the piston seal again & I paid him for the pleasure - it sounds like some of the original clutches fitted were undersize causing the piston to over extend & tear.

Comment

Working...
                                X