Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great wall gearboxes - toyota?

Hey guys

As the title suggests, there have been rumours circulating for years that great wall 5 speed boxes are toyota w series, and i even heard the 6 speeds were w series based, but no posts ive seen so far confirm the rumours.

Has anyone actually checked one to confirm or deny?

I had a quick look under a GW SA220 today and it all looks pre 05 hilux. It had an efi 4y, the gearbox looked the right shape for a w, diff looked g series etc etc.

Tia.
    Originally posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Originally posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Mate just bought a v240 and it sure looked like an old Toyota 5 speed now that I mention it.

I will have a look under it this week hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It has been possible to buy china copy W series boxes since the early 2000's, from memory it was Rollin Imports on the Gold Coast used to sell them along with the copy hilux cylinder heads

Comment

Originally posted by jasonp1977 View Post
        It has been possible to buy china copy W series boxes since the early 2000's, from memory it was Rollin Imports on the Gold Coast used to sell them along with the copy hilux cylinder heads
        Yep got a china 4y for the old mans hilux from there at least 10 years ago. Still goes today as a farm hack.

Pretty sure rolin would want more for their gboxes than i can get a nuggety GW box for though
        70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
        Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

My old man has an older Great wall (probably 8 years old now) with the 2.4 Mitsubishi donk so that model may have a Toyota box or are we talking current stuff?
          I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Was at the Shanghai yearly auto parts show last year, found heaaaaaps of knock off W series gearboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
              My old man has an older Great wall (probably 8 years old now) with the 2.4 Mitsubishi donk so that model may have a Toyota box or are we talking current stuff?
              Yeah should do if my sources are correct. Thats actually the gbox/bellhousing combo my mate (who i started this thread for) is looking for.

Comment

Interesting i assumed a Mitso box.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Never mind that, 1gz greatwall?
                  I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
                  WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
                  robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Waste of a good 1GZ.

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Old Major
                    Perhaps she feels inadequate when you cum in other guys?

Comment

1gz torque would fuck up a w series spectacularly

Comment

It might not be so bad with the torque pulses spread across 12 cylinders. I wouldn't want to bet on it though.
                        Norbie!

Comment

Is this the box you are talknig about?
                          https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...3a283943uBAcEL

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys View Post
                            Is this the box you are talknig about?
                            https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...3a283943uBAcEL
                            Maybe, not sure. They are showing multiple gearboxes in the pics

Comment

Resurrection.

I can't seem to find the gear ratios for the Great Wall 5 and 6 speed gearboxes.

Has anyone got a link?
                              Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
                              Originally posted by ALLMTR
                              Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Comment

Working...
                              X