Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Bolt View Post
    Resurrection.

I can't seem to find the gear ratios for the Great Wall 5 and 6 speed gearboxes.

Has anyone got a link?
    I remember reading somewhere else the 5sps are the same as the W56s so
    3.954 2.141 1.384 1.000 0.850
    Now if anyone can find a copy long shaft R151 im all ears. Bloody 2TRs came with short shafts
    Chris
    ------
    The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Hmm. Bought a 6 speed to go behind a 1JZGE. That first gear is super short!

I'll see how it goes.
      Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
      Originally posted by ALLMTR
      Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Comment

according to clutch direct

mitsubishi delica 86-99 shares the same clutch as a x240 GW unless they stuffed up.

CISCOKIDS
        The Gentlemen's Club
        Midnight Rocker

Comment

Hold up. So some of the great walls have a six speed w56 essentially? That would be great in my mates torana
          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Delicia is auto-only, suggesting it's a "narrow block" mitsu... Narrow block mitsu mates with W series?? This is highly relevant to my 4spd problems

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
              Hold up. So some of the great walls have a six speed w56 essentially? That would be great in my mates torana
              Not sure on the 6 speed ones, the 5 speed were essentially W56s, but I havent looked into the 6 speeds.

Was looking at the 5 speed as a cheap alternative to W58s for IPRA.
              Chris
              ------
              I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

I'll post up tomorrow. Lashed out on a 6 speed Great Wall gearbox. Bellhousing to gearbox pattern looks identical to W5x.
                Last edited by Andrew Bolt; 28-09-21, 12:10 PM.
                Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
                Originally posted by ALLMTR
                Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Bolt View Post
                  I'll post up tomorrow. Lashed out on a 6 speed Great Wall gearbox. Bellhousing the gearbox pattern looks identical to W5x.
                  Please do, can you also measure the output housing flange? Might be a good replacement for the W56 in the Hilux (at least until i go to a R151.
                  Chris
                  ------

Comment

G52 gearbox ring a bell. from some research, they seem to be closely related to that.
                    CISCOKIDS
                    The Gentlemen's Club
                    Midnight Rocker

Comment

I'd love a 6 speed in my hilux. How much are these chinese boxes worth?

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post

I remember reading somewhere else the 5sps are the same as the W56s so
                        3.954 2.141 1.384 1.000 0.850
                        Now if anyone can find a copy long shaft R151 im all ears. Bloody 2TRs came with short shafts
                        You just need a GGN15 Hilux R150 / R151, they have the long input shaft :>

Comment

Originally posted by foamy View Post

You just need a GGN15 Hilux R150 / R151, they have the long input shaft :>
                          Ah nice. I was wondering what they came in lcoally. The 2TR ones are short input shafts.
                          Chris
                          ------

Comment

They came in the 2wd V6 hilux 2005 -2015. They go for around $1200. Box code I think is R150. The ratios are ideal.

I currently have a 07 rodeo MA5 box with the JZ R series bellhousing bolted to it. Box was only $350. It's a Aisin box based on Toyota R series.

Input shaft might need 5mm chopped. Input shaft is 26 spline 23mm id. Looks like Rx8 clutch will work with w58 plate and fly wheel.

Howie concentric slave on the rodeo gearbox bearing cover. The rodeo concentric slave I couldn't get it to work at the pipes are plastic and fowl bellhousing.

Output shaft is different too. None of the toyota yokes I have slip on.

Landcruiser 3/4 Master should do the job.

The triton 2wd boxes look very similar too but couldn't find details on input shaft. They were behind V6 so ratios should be okish.
                            Last edited by me confused?; 17-10-21, 11:56 AM.

Comment

andrew - any updates on this 6 speed great wall gearbox? pics? chassis code?
                              got a w57 and w58 been sitting under the bench for 20 years i might offload if the 6 speed has any 1/2 decent ratios

Comment

ok so for anyone who is interested. -
                                gearboxes are made by zomax. the 5 speed is basically a w56, but not identical - only things that will interchange are bolts and oil seals - everything else "almost" fits.very cheap to buy off alibaba/ aliexpress, but you get what you pay for i guess!
                                6 speed seems to be fitted to 2011 diesels from 2011 on - not managed to find any more info on the 6 speed ratio wise etc yet. easy to find manuals etc on the earlier 5 speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X