Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
    We are in a similar way (wife has a '17 RAV4 and me wanting a fun car). I was always hoping to get an 86 as my fun car, but the lack of rear legroom is not great and I can't imagine either of my kids would be happy to have their legs squashed whenever we went in it. Was looking at anything new, under $55k and 'fun'. I've landed on the Hyundai I30N Fastback (I think its meant to be I30 Fastback N, but that doesn't make sense to me). On a lease it will work out at around $43k for the lux pack and its really nice to drive and be in (from the 15 mins test drive I had). Manual only which is fine for us and my wife seems to like it.
    I looked at Clio, Megane, GTI and some second hand stuff. I'm not a fan of Hyundai (my parents have had about 6 or 7), but for the money they are exceptional value. Am on an I30N Facebook group and there are lots of people that have come from Focus RS' to the N and everyone is happy. Some people had issues, some just wanted to get out of the RS before warranty was up....

I'll be ordering mine very soon.

p.s. Also chuckled at Trem's insistence of being ok with two smallish cars with two kids.
    Keen to hear how you get on with the I30N. I had a Focus RS also and am considering an I30N as a second fun car able to take two kids in the back. Seem like good bang for the buck.

Comment

$30k can get you 2010 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG for family wagon

$35k gets you an A45 for daily traffic light drags
      Im not only sure Im HIV positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bermo View Post
        $30k can get you 2010 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG for family wagon

$35k gets you an A45 for daily traffic light drags
        One of the guys at work bought a 2008 ML 63 for mid 20s. Six months into it he got sick of the never ending dramas. BMW dealer gave him $12k as a trade in on a new X5.

Comment

^ In that case there is 2010 X5M for $33k

Best of both worlds
          Im not only sure Im HIV positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Spammy View Post
            One of the guys at work bought a 2008 ML 63 for mid 20s. Six months into it he got sick of the never ending dramas. BMW dealer gave him $12k as a trade in on a new X5.
            Are ML's still made by the Fat Men of Alabama that were sacked from the Chevrolet factory for low quality output?
            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
              Mates had his since new - only warranty work it needed was a brand new seat (it didn't actually need the whole thing) because the harness failed so airbag light was on.

Plenty of people with the 2nd gen RS that drive them hard and often since 2011/12 now and they seem to cope well.
              Yea ok, might continue to window shop for them then

Edit- TJ you have/had a Renault hot hatch didnt you? Who were you getting to look after it?

Comment

Originally posted by yohoes View Post
                Anyone know how good or bad the reliability is for the 16-17 Megane RS 275 Cups?

Am also considering them with the nopics as a replacement hot hatch for her (as a left field choice)
                It's good. Had one for 3 years. The dealer updated the satnav which bricked it leading to replacement under warranty. Only other issue was one engine mount (might have been driving related). They don't use oil or have gearbox issues like vw.
                POWER CHIP free since 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by timtx5 View Post
                  It's good. Had one for 3 years. The dealer updated the satnav which bricked it leading to replacement under warranty. Only other issue was one engine mount (might have been driving related). They don't use oil or have gearbox issues like vw.

More to the point hows the 4c going?

Comment

Or a anything with the BMW/Renault Prince engine (like Minis - ask me how I know lol).
                    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Cheers

The idea of one excites me more than a new ST.. and somehow im more scared of a Focus RS fucking us over rather than a Renault lol

Comment

Why hasn't this thread ended with Trem buying 2 x F40's, one of them with roof racks and a towbar? Fucking hell sort your life out mate!
                        Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Or an AU wagin on gas and an AU XR8 pursuit ute

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Fuck youse, Iím keeping the cars because itís all you ever need

Plus while Iím in Melbourne Iíll pop in and buy the F50 Dutton just listed and install a roof box and tow bar

Comment

You'll need a LM 002 eventually for the school run

Comment

Working...
                              X