Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    Can't believe how cheap these are now.
    https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-6159849/?Cr=7
    And surprisingly reliable. Mate at work has one and occasionally has his 2 little kids in the back.
    RB26......................Again

Comment

I wouldn't buy a Golf R/135i as a 'fun' car simply because a) They're not fun, and b) The Focus RS is probably better suited.

If you have this freedom to buy something you actually want to drive you have to be a bit stupid. Civic R, Megane RS, Lotus, MX5 or even a secondhand Mustang if they're getting that cheap would be my bet. Or Fiat 500 Abarth if you're feeling really stupid.

Comment

2018 WRX STi.

Great car you can't go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Gats View Post
          You know you want a S1 Elise and Mazda 6 wagon... or some SUV thing, it doesn't matter, what matters is the S1 Elise. And you'll probably make money on it.
          Sounds like a plan.
          " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
            New three cylinder Fiesta ST ($27k odd) for you and Skoda Superb with the AWD and Golf R spec motor for the wife?

Either that or try to get one of the newer higher power 2L MX5s, if you really don't care for practicality.
            Did you miss this bit?

"80% of the km done in my RS would be by myself. I hardly ever get a chance to drive it properly (I have a 3yr old and a 3 month old). So it does the odd 2nd gear pull on freeway onramps and thatís kind of it. With two kids we are also starting to find the limits of itís size."

Fiesta would be smaller inside than RS one would think.

Comment

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...16842562/?Cr=0 and

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-6117479/?Cr=3
              "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

Originally posted by evo-gsr View Post
                Did you miss this bit?

"80% of the km done in my RS would be by myself. I hardly ever get a chance to drive it properly (I have a 3yr old and a 3 month old). So it does the odd 2nd gear pull on freeway onramps and thatís kind of it. With two kids we are also starting to find the limits of itís size."

Fiesta would be smaller inside than RS one would think.
                I did. But then saw the next bit where he thought 135i or Boxster.

Tried sitting in a Boxsterís back seat?

Comment

Originally posted by GSRman View Post
                  You are missing out - they are incredibly economical to own, and a nice place to spend time - will also chop a shit tin of cars that aren't expecting it - lineball with a S1 Audi to 140, colour screen, bluetooth/ipod/etc, we've done nearly 100k km in ours in 4 years - serviced twice a year - we have replaced two sets of tires & two headlight bulbs.

but it's not a golf - you will notice the jizz stains on the interior.
                  Dunno if itís just me but I have driven most cars out there as Iím in the trade! But every time I drive a Toyota I always think to myself they are reliable fuckers but why do people even spend money on these things?! They are shit, no frills!

Spend a bit more get something better. Reliability aside they are shit period!

Comment

I mean one of the cars needs to be bigger than the current biggest car (RS), but doesn't need to be fun

The other car can be any shape or size, but needs to be fun

Comment

Originally posted by snavy View Post
                      Dunno if itís just me but I have driven most cars out there as Iím in the trade! But every time I drive a Toyota I always think to myself they are reliable fuckers but why do people even spend money on these things?! They are shit, no frills!

Spend a bit more get something better. Reliability aside they are shit period!
                      But reliability is 280% why people buy them!
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Ford Ranger XLT
                        Hyundai i40 wagon
                        2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                        2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                        I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Newish passat wagon for her and a 30-40k on some sort of alloy tub lotus? Or the cheapest Cayman?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
                          Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
                            Ford Ranger XLT
                            Hyundai i40 wagon
                            No, one of the two has to be fun, the other useful; Ranga fails on both counts.
                            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

There are a raft of vehicles that your wife would be happy with. The interesting ones on the other hand....

Cheap boxsters are a dime a dozen and the guys buying them seem to be pretty happy with the experience. Lotus is the track day car of choice though.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                                But reliability is 280% why people buy them!
                                Goes good, turns good, stops good, seats are comfy, boot is big, economy is amazing, dual zone climate, ipod, bluetooth streaming with control etc etc, colour screen, decent headlights - it doesn't have led's everywhere like a mazda, but it's reliable - it's a balance - being cheap at everything keeps the mrs happy, allows me to have 1000hp of other cars to drive - :shrugs: - when they are running

mum has a ct200 lexus thing - it's got the bells/whistles shit - but pretty pus to drive.
                                This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Working...
                                X