$50-60k two car garage?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing this now. PX2 Ranger dual cab 4x4 and Aurion Presara.

Comment

^ So your fun car is an Aurion?!

Originally posted by GSRman View Post
      Goes good, turns good, stops good, seats are comfy, boot is big, economy is amazing, dual zone climate, ipod, bluetooth streaming with control etc etc, colour screen, decent headlights - it doesn't have led's everywhere like a mazda, but it's reliable - it's a balance - being cheap at everything keeps the mrs happy, allows me to have 1000hp of other cars to drive - :shrugs: - when they are running
      Fuck, I’ve got no excuses, my car doesn’t do anything as well as the mrs’ car.
      No wait, it isn’t automatic; but that’s basically it. I cannot think of one other thing. Maybe fading into the background unnoticed when not running?
      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Late model Subaru wagon, before they went CVT.

Porsche Cayman S or Boxter S.

Comment

Territory for the Mrs (they're simple but drive nice, reliable and fit an amazing amount of shit for family getaways) - can get a decent one for ~ $20k

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...17003128/?Cr=6

Mustang for you - can get a nice one for ~ $40k

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...17138568/?Cr=5
          '94 Ford ED XR8 Sprint - 306w, 5-speed manual, 3.9s, Bilsteins, 1 Piston PBR's
          '02 Ford T3 TS50 - 345w, 4-speed ESS Auto, 3.45s, Konis, Brembos
          '18 Mitsi MQ Triton GLX 4x4 - It runs!

Comment

Originally posted by nitrane View Post

Mustang for you - can get a nice one for ~ $40k

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...17138568/?Cr=5
            Must admit, Mustangs are so cheap. If you were to purchase with your head, hard to go past.

Comment

Why not just keep the RS as the fun car and get a 6/Outback/Forester/Camry for family duties? I can't see anything else being suggested that better fits the "fun car I'm just going to drive to work" brief, and at least the RS will still be usable to put the kids in occasionally (you will regret only having one car that can do this if you get a Boxster/MX5).

What is it exactly that you don't like about the RS?

Comment

Originally posted by TBass View Post
                Why not just keep the RS as the fun car and get a 6/Outback/Forester/Camry for family duties? I can't see anything else being suggested that better fits the "fun car I'm just going to drive to work" brief, and at least the RS will still be usable to put the kids in occasionally (you will regret only having one car that can do this if you get a Boxster/MX5).
                I'm kind of thinking the same thing. You've already taken the depreciation hit on the RS, so you'd get hosed come sale time. I get that it's exciting to go car shopping and buying something new. But perhaps it's a case of better the devil you know?

The benefit of having a rear seat and doors in the RS, with 2 kids would be missed in instance where you nopics is out in the family car/in for repairs/service etc. As an added benefit, you've still got something interesting enough to take out for the occasional early morning blat with mates.\sensibleadultdecision

Comment

Sell the Golf and buy an SUV for family duties.

My Focus RS is a mon-fri take me to work and drop the kids off at school car. It then sits all weekend untouched as we go out in the Wildtrak.

The RS has plenty of room for a small family.

Comment

E61 M kitted wagon, and a M3.
                    Not being stuck with a 2 seater gives you a bit of useful flexibility with carting one of the kids when needed.

There was a sub 20k Cayenne Turbo floating around earlier this year....
                    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Kia or hyundai SUV for Mrs and as much m3/c63/isf as you can afford
                      Evo VIII MR

Comment

Originally posted by tremolo View Post
                        I mean one of the cars needs to be bigger than the current biggest car (RS), but doesn't need to be fun

The other car can be any shape or size, but needs to be fun
                        I’m slightly further down the road than you - my kids are 6&3

We have a Passat wagon (lux’ish but semi fasts - has R36 motor) and Golf GTI

I’m contemplating my next car move now. Passat is likely staying (5yrs now!). Golf (3yrs now) I either need to balloon, upgrade or dispose and get something older.

However, I can’t fathom for the past 3 years (or the next three) having had a second car that couldn’t handle a kid in backseat. The concept of both kids being with one parent all the time in the “family car” and the other car just being for me to drive to work and the occasional blast isn’t realistic.

For example, on the weekend my wife took my daughter to the beach and to visit her Oma. The little bloke and I went to get him new shoes and wash the car (plus went to Supercheap auto and Bunnings). Not uncommon for us to “divide and conquer” on weekends so we get more done. Both kids with one parent does happen, but not always (fucking hard to go to the supermarket with both for example)

We also have sport stuff about to kick off on Saturdays which will mean one kid at the pool and one at Auskick.

If I had “my way” and there was a Cayman or something similarly impractical in the garage I would have been stuck at home on the weekend and anything like sport will be “one all in”

It might work for you to only have one car that can handle ruggers, but not for me.

The answer is actually 3 cars. But that’s another conversation with the minister for domestic affairs. As much as I’d like to change it, the budget for that ministry outweighs the one under the minister of entertainment.

Comment

We had the SUV + 2 seater car combo for a number of years....got more and more annoying as time went on.

School pick up, kids sports etc etc is 90% of my weekend driving and being limited to 2 seats in one of our cars was not helpful.

Next step for us will be 3 cars - as the kids wil start driving soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
                            Ford Ranger XLT
                            Hyundai i40 wagon

What has trem ever done to you?
                            Originally posted by brasher
                            TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                              E61 M kitted wagon, and a M3.
                              Not being stuck with a 2 seater gives you a bit of useful flexibility with carting one of the kids when needed.

There was a sub 20k Cayenne Turbo floating around earlier this year....
                              This man also knows, and the wagon is fun in either petrol or diesel, but V10 proper M wagon would be tits.

But as had been said before, keep the RS as the fun car and get something a bit bigger for family duties.

Suggestions of the Merc wagons or E61 are great family cars and are nice and big inside without being a barge.

My E61 has no right to be as much fun as it is for a mountain run. Surely the later F series equivalent would be a step up again if in your price range

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

^Gammaboys has been a cunt of a thing, I'm surprised he recommends them. What about yours?
                                The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Working...
                                X