$50-60k two car garage?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you are going to suddenly find some time to enjoy a Boxster or whatever you replace it with then i dont really see the point? Wont it also be just getting the occasional 2nd gear squirt on the on ramp but be even less practical? If you want something cheaper on fuel and a bit of fun in the roundabouts etc on the commute then a Swift Sport would fit the bill and get the nopix a Superb Wagon with the Golf R driveline.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
      Chop the Focus in for one of the hot french hatches? Or a 147/156 GTA?
      A late 197 style Clio Sport would be a better option than a now old 147 GTA for similar money. In fact I want one.
      The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

On reflection, why is it you want to sell the Focus RS? I'd be keeping that and just buying another car for the wife.

I'm done the calculations on my M140i and I'd save more money keeping it a year or two beyond the four year term than selling it and downgrading to something like a Fiesta ST.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
          A late 197 style Clio Sport would be a better option than a now old 147 GTA for similar money. In fact I want one.
          147GTA sounds epic though.
          "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

get a scooter for work duties. and a baller weekend/family car.

I got sick of traffic and parking and just got a 150cc Piaggio fly for $1800. costs fuckall to run, about 90 bucks to insure and 400 for rego and lets me have thirsty big/fast cars for weekend shenanigans.

Oo___oO

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
              On reflection, why is it you want to sell the Focus RS? I'd be keeping that and just buying another car for the wife.

I'm done the calculations on my M140i and I'd save more money keeping it a year or two beyond the four year term than selling it and downgrading to something like a Fiesta ST.
              Itís just a bit of a waste. Costs a bit having it sit there considering a) we are rapidly outgrowing it and b) Iím not getting the chance to enjoy it.

I could keep it but to me it doesnít make sense either because then Iím still paying to have a 350hp car sit in the garage while I drive around in a 10 year old Skoda with the family on weekends.

Iíll go have a look at some cars I never thought Iíd buy (A4/3er/C class/etc) tomorrow and see how we go

Comment

Have a look at E-Classes. Remember these were a ~$120k+ cars with the essentially same drivetrain as the smaller C-class.

You can buy them for pennies.

For some reason there is more demand for the C/3/A4 second hand when you're getting a lesser car.
                "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by tremolo View Post
                  Itís just a bit of a waste. Costs a bit having it sit there considering a) we are rapidly outgrowing it and b) Iím not getting the chance to enjoy it.
                  I could keep it but to me it doesnít make sense either because then Iím still paying to have a 350hp car sit in the garage while I drive around in a 10 year old Skoda with the family on weekends.
                  Iíll go have a look at some cars I never thought Iíd buy (A4/3er/C class/etc) tomorrow and see how we go
                  I'm using my LSA Clubsport as a daily and the wife's CX-5 usually does weekend duty as it's just more practical for shopping centre carparks etc.

Like you with the RS i feel like the Clubby is wasted but do i really want to part it knowing i'll probably never get another one ? Nope...

I guess the biggest question is do you "really" want to get out of the RS ? They are cool as fuck... Or would a better car for the wife suffice ?
                  The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

S60 Polestar. Can get a my14 for <$40k with lowish k's. Supposedly a $100k car new, 350hp and 500nm and a comfortable place to sit. Cabin is pretty spacey but downside is they made the boot fairly small to get the rear cabin space. Fuck all easy tuning options though, you can't flash them and make an extra 100hp, maybe 10-20hp on the top end, though better gains to be made in the mid range. Factory turbo is the limiting factor.

Or you can get an R-design for <$30k, almost the same power but you miss out on the ohlins and bigger brakes.
                    Or you could go the V60 such as this one.
                    https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SSE-AD-6133905

Comment

Trade it for an XR5.
                      2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                      2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                      I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Break more laws driving to work.

Comment

Originally posted by IMOA View Post
                          Lots of people run car seats in the front of caymans........Live out your Porsche dreams
                          There is fact. And then there is reality.

I tried that argument with the Minister for Childrenís Health and Road Safety (as if those portfolios belong together!) and they didnít want a bar of it.

Comment

Originally posted by tremolo View Post
                            I had a look at those Passat wagons with the Golf R motor, fucking nice things. 0-100 in 5.5s!
                            Definitely quick and deceptive. Mid 5ís is the sort of acceleration we get out of our V6 too. You need to use launch control in both to get there though.

The V6 sounds better and pulls harder in most situations than the 4 pot, but by god it uses a lot of fuel.

Part of the reason we are keeping it is because itís highly unlikely we will see such a car new for sale again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cplus View Post
                              There is fact. And then there is reality.

I tried that argument with the Minister for Childrenís Health and Road Safety (as if those portfolios belong together!) and they didnít want a bar of it.
                              I think you're not trying hard enough.
                              Besides, if you can fit a willing adult female in the frunk of a Boxster/Cayman (and I mean without the need to break any bones etc), a child's gonna fit in there perfectly, all safe & snug & hence protected!
                              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                                Have a look at E-Classes. Remember these were a ~$120k+ cars with the essentially same drivetrain as the smaller C-class.

You can buy them for pennies.

For some reason there is more demand for the C/3/A4 second hand when you're getting a lesser car.
                                So true. Bigger cars always depreciate faster. An E class is a lot nicer place to be than a C class.
                                The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Working...
                                X