X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
    have they sold any? I havent seen one on the road in QLD
    I've seen a white one on the Redcliffe Peninsula a few times recently. I've also seen a black one on the freeway heading towards the city. The HSV/Holden dealer at North Lakes had a yellow one in the showroom, not sure if it is still there.
    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

Originally posted by rj_astra View Post
      Those pipes are curved to clear the frunk
      Nah, frunk is in the square section in the front half.

From here - https://jalopnik.com/heres-a-detaile...ssi-1836540969

There is a fair bit of interesting info in there about how everything is packaged, including how low the engine is

Corvette is a huge on options as well. Unless they decide to do only a certain spec, there are so many options that will push the price up.

Z51 is US$5k and its pretty much a must have unless you are 60+ years old
      2LT is not a must have but its mandatory to get some of the other goodies, another 4k
      PDR (dash cam track thing) 2k
      Competition seats - 2k
      Magnetic ride shocks - almost 2k
      Axle lift is not standard, probably another 2k
      And if you want any flashy carbon stuff, cough up big time again.

So you are looking at another 20-30k if you want to make the most of it, which with a purchase this big, most people do.
      this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post
        What’s pf gut feel regarding availability in Australia? Early to mid 2021?
        First lot late 2020 if the current plan.
        www.markpakula.com
        2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
        2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
        2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
        2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Comment

The SRT8 comparo is interesting.. USD $68.5ish MSRP or $71k using a cali zipcode (whatever that means) vs 102K AUD (vic postcode) drive away. If they price anywhere similar, could sell almost as well as the Mustang for sure. But I still can't see them giving it away that cheap given the Camaro investment and pricing. The cost involved was never going to work against the Mustang, no matter what extra features or power it had.

Be nice if Holden just fucked off the overpriced RHD Camaro conversion idea to sell a shit load of well priced Corvettes instead. Lots of people were hoping for a GT350 or GT500 but 99% sure Ford has no interest in RHD for those models, Holden/HSV would have a hipo competitor to satisfy the V8 bogans. Or maybe that's just me?

If it comes near enough to a reasonable price, fuck it, I'm in.

Originally posted by CussCuss View Post
          Z51 is US$5k and its pretty much a must have unless you are 60+ years old
          2LT is not a must have but its mandatory to get some of the other goodies, another 4k
          Competition seats - 2k
          Magnetic ride shocks - almost 2k
          All that shit looks like must have to me. But yeah good point on that, if they do what Ford did with the Mustang and preselect or mix US option packs and then offer as standard model, easy price increase.

Comment

Did I just read that this C8 is automatic only?

*cartoon sound of an erect thing becoming limp*
            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Yes DCT only.
              CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                Did I just read that this C8 is automatic only?

*cartoon sound of an erect thing becoming limp*
                It's DCT.. not a 4L80 behind it.
                /csh Racing

Comment

Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
                  It's DCT.. not a 4L80 behind it.
                  Meh, who can tell the difference?
                  If I wanted something to do all the driving for me I'd catch the Metro.
                  Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                    Meh, who can tell the difference?
                    anyone who's driven both..?
                    Originally posted by Mr Jones
                    Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by lysdexia View Post
                      anyone who's driven both..?
                      It's like the difference between beige & taupe … Camry & ES300 … *edit* Lexus IS-F and twincharged Golf.

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                        Most important question is how long before someone makes a turbo kit?
                        I'd imagine there's quite a few of these on hoists right now.

Comment

^ Fast hoists!

Comment

The only people who care about having a manual box as opposed to a current gen DCT/paddle shift are those who either haven't driven one or just love having a knob in their hands

Originally posted by Jim
                            I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                            Originally posted by elfturbomax
                            What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                            1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

^ Have you installed a monitoring camera in my office & know what I'm doing right now?!

Driver involvement is worth something, if I'm paying actual money for a car I want to be involved. Otherwise I could just pay a limo company to get me around & it'd probably cost less.

Comment

You still shift the DCT yourself you know?

Originally posted by Jim
                                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                                Originally posted by elfturbomax
                                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                                1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Working...
                                X