• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus Christ.
    I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Yeah but with no mining boom there’s no CUBs left to buy them

Originally posted by Jim
      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
      Originally posted by elfturbomax
      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
      1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
        It's been a few days and I have to admit that I'm just not feeling the excitement about this - and I'm struggling with why.

I mean:
        I think the specs are awesome.
        I think it will probably smash anything else this side of $200k and then some.
        I think it will be a pretty easy ownership proposition, with basically an evolved LS engine and GM parts/servicing not usually being too painful.
        I've been a GM guy and a V8 guy for most of my life. It's a car I should obviously want.

I think I just can't come to terms with how it looks. I don't usually like the proportions of mid engined supercars (very short bonnet, long front overhang, cabin a long way forward) and that might be part of it, but I also find the details hard to look at. There's shit going on everywhere - lines, vents, angles, creases - so it's as though the designers just didn't know when to put the pencil down. That black rear wing looks stupid and tacky. I look at the camo car on page 1 of this thread where the details are hidden and think it looks good, but then look at the production car and it's too much. I think the Jaguar F-Type is the best looking car on the market right now, to give you some idea of what I do think looks good.

Maybe it's better in the metal. Maybe I'll love it in black where the overdone details are less conspicuous. I dunno. This issue is taking up far more of my headspace than it should right now!
        Just remember, anything that looks shit on the exterior; be it placements of vents, creases, spoiler design, colour are moot when you're behind the wheel :D

Comment

Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post
          Remember people; in 2008 Holden sold the W427 (one of the worst HSV cars in history) for $160k ($195k adjusted for inflation).

Do you really think a proper Corvette is going to be sold for less than a W24/7? Nope. We're looking at a $350k car here.
          Please stop posting.
          CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by 1uz-zte View Post
            Remember people; in 2008 Holden sold the W427 (one of the worst HSV cars in history) for $160k ($195k adjusted for inflation).

Do you really think a proper Corvette is going to be sold for less than a W24/7? Nope. We're looking at a $350k car here.
            Why stop at 350k.... round that fucker up to 500k.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Fondles View Post
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fondles View Post
                F40's come in red, Corvette will come in red, why would they sell for less than 1.2 Million?

Comment

well these guys are not fucking around if true:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/c8-c...twin-turbo-v-8

Oo___oO

Comment

Surely that will be the ZR1 though!

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
                      well these guys are not fucking around if true:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/c8-c...twin-turbo-v-8
                      Hah, interesting. I still gravitated to the noise of the C7R in the lower video, cause bogan
                      Find your Freedom
                      Home Loans | Car Loans | Investment Portfolios | Property Management
                      www.FreedomFunding.com.au
                      www.ProgressiveProperty.com.au

Click for PF Loans
                      If you're thinking of buying, or that you may be paying too much on your home loan PM me for a no obligation chat!

Comment

If it sounds even remotely like the corvettes at Le Mans, it will be glorious.
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Both give me wood.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                          I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

If they make it (surely they will) it should be quite a thing. Twin turbo flat plane engine revving to 8k and beyond would sing a song. Although no doubt extortionately expensive if it arrives here.

Comment

There's your $500k Corvette, and it had to be, Chevrolet couldn't let an overpowered Jeep be the most powerfull American motor ....
                              " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

No leaf springs, DOHC, mid engine, flat plane crank. What is going on at corvette!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Originally posted by Babalouie
                                Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Working...
                                X