Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
    No leaf springs, DOHC, mid engine, flat plane crank. What is going on at corvette!
    One of the Fat Men Of Alabama drive a 1972 Alfa Romeo and it was a revelation?
    [He didn't drive it far, it stopped working]
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke352 View Post
      Yeah but look at Holden after sale support vs. Jeep. From what I've been told over the years the reputation Jeep has in Australia isn't because the cars are shit compared to most, it is simply the fact that FCA and previously Ateco gave no support to the dealers as far as issue tracking, decent warranty support etc. essentially they're running a much leaner business than Holden.

Also not sure about the whole not selling at a loss thing.

SRT $68k there $91k here 33% higher (Also the cheapest new one (no demo k's) on Carsales was $94888, all the others were $102k plus, actually just checked $91k is excluding Gov charges which adds $10k is this case.)
      Trackhawk $87k there, $134k here 55% higher ($148k with gov charges)
      No matter which way you cut it the pricing differences don't make sense, so SRT pricing may be a bit of an outlier.
      FCA sales pricing has been the same price as here, US currency and taxes converted. It's been good. Nissan are the same, spec for spec, the same prices as the US.

As for serving, my experience with a new Holden - Crap servicing and after-sale dealer support. FCA - Non existent anything. $600 oil changes are the norm and not having the parts for a recall is IMHO illegal. The cars are good, the dealers and FCA make Holden look like Lexus servicing.

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
      well these guys are not fucking around if true:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/c8-c...twin-turbo-v-8
      Old news. Whats the go with the electrification they are mumbling about? GM have done electric cars for a very long time and have experience better than most in the field. I'm expecting a monster.

No leaf springs, DOHC, mid engine, flat plane crank. What is going on at corvette!
      I know right? They are trying to reduce the age of the average buyer, seems the current demographic keep dying due to their age. Who'd a thunk it.

Price wise, as mentioned earlier we'll get kit in our car pushing the price and profit margin up. Price gouging at Holden is anybodies guess. But if they get the price wrong, holden will be no longer and I'm sure a few letters to GM HQ from down here won't go unnoticed.

Comment

I guess what is happening to Harley Davidson is a valuable lesson for a business model that sells to the same people over and over. Can't go on forever if they die on you.

Oo___oO

Comment

It sounds like the electrification would be an electric drive system on the front wheels. They've got plenty of space up front now to add it and lots of fwd electric experience in the business.

Oo___oO

Comment

some supposed engine information, no known authenticity or where it comes from

if its accurate, possible combos

LT6 - Grand Sport 600hp high revving N/A
            LT7 - Z06
            LT7 Hybrid - ZR1 - AWD
            this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

So if that's right which I hope it is, 850hp on ICE for the 5.5 32v Turbo motor + the Hybrid system. That could be quite quick.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting. They complain that single cam setups put too much stress on the cam with direct injection pumps, hence go DOHC. Yet the image above shows some 16 V heads, which I presume is cam in block?

On another note. I'm surpirsed to see new internal combustion engines in that list. Heard from two sources that the companies that make the machines that make ICE, business is dead, manufacturers aren't "investing in new tool nor equipment" in that field.

Comment

i cant see a difference between the first three listings of LT7,LT7 LT6 compated to the second set.

am i blind?

Oo___oO

Comment

Just a different manufacturing plant?
                    CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Seems to be same plant as well … it's a screencap of a table that doesn't show the whole thing, could be more info (that varies) off to the left.
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

First three are St Catharines, next three are Bowling Green?
                        CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

I think he means the three lines LT7-then-LT7-then-LT6 … that pattern repeats twice, the last 3 rows and also the 12th - 14th rows.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary2JZ View Post
                            So if that's right which I hope it is, 850hp on ICE for the 5.5 32v Turbo motor + the Hybrid system. That could be quite quick.
                            From what I read the power of turbo motor and turbo motor plus hybrid is the same only the torque has changed. I doubt the sheet is reliable anyway but interesting none the less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Originally posted by Babalouie
                            Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

From what I read the power of turbo motor and turbo motor plus hybrid is the same only the torque has changed. I doubt the sheet is reliable anyway but interesting none the less
                              The chart looks like a excpet of the power train details from the promotional material given to dealers at a industry launch. Might be reals.

I just had a agood read, hybrid powertrain make 922ft-lbs of torque. Thats 1250NM - FUCK ME! That think will pull like a freight train.

Comment

& it'll need that torque. The standard C8 is already a bit chubby at 1600-1650kg.
                                How much will the electric motors & batteries add? 150-200kg?
                                He jerked off with the determination of someone within sight of Everest’s summit, having lost all his friends and Sherpas, having run out of supplemental oxygen, but preferring death to failure.

Comment

Working...
                                X