C8 Corvette Stingray release day.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not a note I'd expect from a Corvette.. but hey the whole thing is a rethink!

PS: So much murica in one video
    Find your Freedom
    Home Loans | Car Loans | Investment Portfolios | Property Management
    www.FreedomFunding.com.au
    www.ProgressiveProperty.com.au

Click for PF Loans
    If you're thinking of buying, or that you may be paying too much on your home loan PM me for a no obligation chat!

Comment

Fuck sounds like an animal.
      CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Does the vert have a carbon roof thats removable? That would be pretty sweet, reminds me of 300zx targa's

C8R looks fucking awesome

Comment

Sounds mental!!
          I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

So I hear people are putting down deposits - Ive got my name down here in WA, but they wont take a deposit off me....?

Comment

Fuck yeah.

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by Faedy View Post
                So I hear people are putting down deposits - Ive got my name down here in WA, but they wont take a deposit off me....?
                Thats more likely that the dealer doesn't know if they will be a Holden dealer for much longer.

Comment

^^ well he has only recently taken the HSV banner to bunhole so hopefully not. Do you know of WA dealers taking deposit? If so I will hit them up. I just want one lol

Comment

I haven't know anyone at a Holden dealer for a while. As mentioned elsewhere they seem to be all turning into Suzuki, Kia and other multi-brand dealerships. I think theres only two left I know of SOR, One in Melville and one in Freo. Gosnells one is a multi-brand last I drove past and the Cannington one is tiny and had a Dodge Challenger in the show room last week.

Any idea on pricing? Will it be around $120k or are they going stupid money for it?

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
                      Any idea on pricing? Will it be around $120k or are they going stupid money for it?
                      Nobody actually knows yet, but the car mags are guessing at the same ~$160k as was guessed-at around here.

IMHO, however, Holden could do with a mic-drop around about now. A ~$100k Corvette would still make profit for them, and would be a very effective attention-getter.
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

The first drive impressions are in from the American media - well build, but lots of understeer. Which is not too surprising when you're introducing a mid-engined car to a market that maybe isn't used to mid-engined dynamics.

Jalopnik have a good round up here;
                        https://jalopnik.com/2020-chevrolet-...-ab-1839065259

Comment

i recall it was mentioned on a previous page there was some big meeting happening this week where we will find out all about pricing etc.... waiting...
                          ~~ ~~
                          ~ (**) ~
                          ~~ /\~~
                          ~ mmm...stick boobies~

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                            Nobody actually knows yet, but the car mags are guessing at the same ~$160k as was guessed-at around here.

IMHO, however, Holden could do with a mic-drop around about now. A ~$100k Corvette would still make profit for them, and would be a very effective attention-getter.
                            If Holden bring this in at $100k I will go and order one dressed entirely in HSV supporter gear. It will sell out in seconds.

The reality is that there is a lot of space in the market for a $150k supercar. It will still sell out at that price.

Comment

Yep, highly doubt sub 100k. If it is, I would throw down a deposit asap.

Comment

You guys seen Matt Farah's review. Link below.

He was a test driver for Road & Track, took it out on the track in this video. He mentioned that it has great front end grip, but he did make it understeer as he self admits he pushed it too hard.
                                After the track video he goes on to say about the road manners etc. But seems at the moment, there is two versions? $60kUS base and a $85kUS Z51 which he drove. He didn't seem real keen on the $60k one.
                                I'd think HSV would sell the Z51 for $160k here maybe 180?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUHNATBzFjE

Comment

Working...
                                X