Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captiva Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    I was watching the Smoking Tire review of the new 911T and wondered what one would cost here - answer $200k + options!
    Tried their website $258k in NSW, drive-away & before options.

Leave a comment:

• Nugs
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
    I'm thinking half of the decreasing availability of manuals is the manufacturers convincing us not to buy stuff they don't want to sell.

It's like SUVs versus sedans. Let's update the SUV every 3-5 years, but not touch the sedan for 10-15 years. Oh, hang on, people aren't buying the sedan any more, they mustn't want it. Let's just discontinue it and continue making our much bigger margins on the SUV.

The auto available on the M140i is that fantastic modern 8 speed ZF thing. The manual is some hoary old thing that takes forever to get used to, has a very imprecise gate action and needs a good solid push to get into reverse. Seriously, from what I can work out from the model designations it's at least a 10-15 year old gearbox design.

Next generation, manual dropped due to 5% uptake. Oh noes, now we only have to make one car. However will we survive.... Car manufacturers are pretty good at telling us exactly what we want to buy and only selling that to us.

/end rant. All gearboxes will be irrelevant in a few years anyway with the move to electric.
    The M140i manual gearbox is physically fine (its the same one as the 1M), it's more the half assed programming around it that lets it down.

Leave a comment:

• itsnotagsr
    replied
    Originally posted by mizone View Post
    It kinda makes me sad that the 911 is so much cheaper in the US than here.
    I was watching the Smoking Tire review of the new 911T and wondered what one would cost here - answer $200k + options!

Leave a comment:

• Morgs
    replied
    I was wondering why nobody has a new NSX. Looking at the pricing there explains it.

Also why no 0-60mph for the R35? Cause its faster than the Corvette & detracts from the comparative?

Leave a comment:

• mizone
    replied
    It kinda makes me sad that the 911 is so much cheaper in the US than here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X