• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these factory RHD now.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
      Are these factory RHD now.
      Yep, no messy conversion required.
      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

I’m on the considering it side of the fence but I think it till be a bridge too far once on road costs are factored in.
        Originally posted by S
        I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

From a super quick look, they seem to be selling for around 100k USD, so the price doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by trent from punchy View Post

definitely missing a lot...
            its way faster.
            0-100 in the low 3s.
            Low 3's, yup that makes sense then, seriously quick. Wonder what they do down the 1/4 stock?

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
              Low 3's, yup that makes sense then, seriously quick. Wonder what they do down the 1/4 stock?
              Car and Driver says 11.2s (MY2020).
              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Not a too bad price for those specs.

2LT with Z51 and lift is US$76k pre tax.

So thats 100k + GST and LCT which brings it to AU$120k. Adding in shipping and other random costs thats only about a 20k premium on the current exchange rate which is quite good considering that its probably likely to go back down into the 60s at some point.
                this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
                  Seems like poor value vs a mustang? Or am I missing something? Triple the price for similar specs?
                  The Mustang is barely a step up from a falcon. This will be supercar rivalling- mid engine, transaxle, proper suspension dynamics etc. Worlds apart

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post

The Mustang is barely a step up from a falcon. This will be supercar rivalling- mid engine, transaxle, proper suspension dynamics etc. Worlds apart
                    But if that Falcon is an AU, then same same when comparing to the 'vette....

Comment

Whats the price of a cheap current gen R8? Surely not that far off.
                      Plus these C8 Vettes aren't tunable.
                      MK7 Golf R 11.3@123.9mph. still working at getting into the 10s
                      F80 M3 LCI2 10.78@130mph ( Quickest stock turbo M3 in Oz )

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post

If we want to compare Nurburgring lap times the Corvette is as quick as the GT350r.

Comment

Not bad at all. If these had been announced a little earlier I might have thought about this over an exige v6. Softer and no manual but owning a mid engine v8 is attractive!
                          POWER CHIP free since 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post

If we want to compare Nurburgring lap times the Corvette is as quick as the GT350r.
                            Which is good for the Corvette considering the GT350r rides on Cup tyres, stripped weight, CF wheels, no A/C or radio.

Not cheap but not expensive either in the mid engine ranks and better than a Camaro ZL1 ($ for $)

Comment

Originally posted by Uwish View Post
                              Whats the price of a cheap current gen R8? Surely not that far off.
                              Plus these C8 Vettes aren't tunable.
                              Actually quite far off...

The entry level R8 V10 RWD series starts at around $320K driveaway. Add another $100K for the AWD version.

The original R8 V8 model started around $270K back in 2010ish, but you can probably get a reasonable used one for $150K these days.

Comment

$145k + on roads is pretty cheap. I just looked up the price of a new GTR and they are $216k. NSX isn't listed on Hondas web site and I couldn't find any new models on car sales.
                                "That which does not kill you, will make you very, very sick"

Comment

Working...
                                X