X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lickmyleftone
    replied
    What a fucken goat track that video is shot on. Shaking around like a belly dancer.

Leave a comment:

• Captain_Slow
    replied
    I'll believe that when I see a RHD car sitting in a showroom somewhere. And even then I'd be sceptical of GM not pulling it from the market after nine months.

Leave a comment:

• Falc&Send
    replied
    Chevrolet Corvette right-hand-drive is go!

Development of a right-hand-drive Chevrolet Corvette is about to be resumed post COVID-19 lockdowns. Australian timing and price are still yet to be confirmed.

It will be the first time in the history of the nameplate that the Corvette has been built in right-hand-drive on the main production line.

Hopefully, the only question that remains for Australian fans is when it will arrive in local showrooms and how much it will cost.

CarAdvice understands it will be priced between $120,000 and $140,000 plus on-road costs, depending on currency fluctuations
    Last edited by Falc&Send; 04-06-20, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Captiva Fan
    replied
    ^ I admit, I assumed ownership by GM of the local distributor, whether that was Holden or Chevrolet or Buick or Cadillac or whatever other brands they have which mean the same thing as each other to Australians.
    I think I said that in context of when we were talking about it in the past, because in current "no RHD" context it's probably not likely to be distributed by GM even in the unlikely event it happens.

Leave a comment:

• FLI355
    replied
    Not really GM that would do the raping. It would be the re-seller here. If HSV or GMSV buy it off GM direct they'll be buying at wholesale prices. Add in a little freight cost (bulk freight of cars from the US wouldn't be that expensive couple of thousand per vehicle. So if the re-seller here is getting them at say USD$60k landed in Australia which is say $90kish then If they are selling them at something stupid like $160k then they are literally giving it to the Aus public up the ass dry.

Leave a comment:

• Captiva Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
    Yeah but havent we established a Vette shouldnt be that expensive?
    I think we established
    (a) C8 didn't have to be that expensive
    (b) GM are a bunch of cunts & would arse-rape us like a Porsche importer (yet without the support or the Hot Stripper Room ... yes, Porsche buyers, the rest of us know about it ...)

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Yeah but havent we established a Vette shouldnt be that expensive?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• piss98
    replied
    GM and Ford merger in 3,2,1...

Seriously though if a company cant look at the success Mustang has had here and realise its worth selling the Vette here in Factory RHD then they do deserve to die in a fire.
    Bit of a difference between a Mustang at $70-80k on road vs a C8 they were saying is anywhere from $120-200k on road here (leaving our Shelby's and the like).

Much LOL's at Camaro of Sum Young Guy though.

Leave a comment:

• mizone
    replied
    GM is doing fine. Money in the bank fine. They are planning to be a Amercias only company.

I'm confused about the Vette. The engineering is signed off and England and Japan will possibly get it. I have a thinking it's to do with having to support them damn thing (and all the Korean crap) thye've got to supply parts and recalls on.

IMHO - Give it to HSV to sell locally and let them wear that issue. Also give them the pickups and anything else they can make a buck out of.

Leave a comment:

• Captain_Slow
    replied
    It'll be hilarious to watch the contortions as they try to work out whether they'd prefer a Chinese-owned GM or another Govt bailout.

Leave a comment:

• PXL265
    replied
    I think the seppos would rather let it die than have it become Chinese

Leave a comment:

• Captain_Slow
    replied
    I genuinely think it's plausible TBH. GM is shrinking all the time, and there will come a point where it no longer makes sense for GM to be a US based company that does three quarters of its business in China.

I'd expect to see a Chinese takeover the next time GM gets into financial trouble (possibly soon given the way the car market is), or otherwise makes a decision to move its HQ.

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Lol yeah thats probably more like it. Stingray becomes the Lingray etc.
    Camaro of sum young guy..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Captain_Slow
    replied
    GM takeover by SAIC in 3,2,1...
    Fixed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X