X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smudge
    replied
    Re: Cayman/C8 comparison. Like auto-only C8 but lust after the just announced manual-only Cayman GTS 4.0 (6 cylinder). Different cars & different buyers.

Good on GM for deleting the chrome wheels option. Part of a small step that'll get the average Vette buyer under the stereotypical cargo pants & NB sneaker wearing 50yrs old.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Purple
    replied
    That’s ok, we’re all buying Yarises instead now.

Leave a comment:

• FLI355
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliffordcliffs View Post
    The latest Motor mag estimates $175 (base) to $240 for the upspec one
    They’ll sell fuck all if they price it like that.

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    Why would anyone pay $150k for a Corvette???

Thats Boxster money which appeals more to the crowd with that kind of money.
    ROFL. There's a Murdered C6 near my house that snaps necks like few cars as it goes past where a 4 banger 86 powered Boxster turns about as many heads as a Golf Gti.

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post

The fact that bits fall off your $150k car within the first year of ownership might be annoying; but expected.
    Yeah dunno about that Porsche have picked there act up imho.

Leave a comment:

• Cliffordcliffs
    replied
    The latest Motor mag estimates $175 (base) to $240 for the upspec one

Leave a comment:

• Monza
    replied
    is MPH 16/43rds of a real unit of measurement?

jks

Leave a comment:

• Captiva Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Xnke View Post
    Damn they're expensive down under.
    We're just guessing, we don't really know.
    But going on past experience - yeah, they'll be expensive, part luxury car tax & part price-gouging.

Leave a comment:

• Xnke
    replied
    Damn they're expensive down under.

They're made in the city I live in, there's been several running around town for months. Two upper-level GM executives got arrested for doing "26+ MPH Over the Limit" (I could put plusses for lines and lines here...) down the main drag last week. (Officer I know mentioned something about 180+, so since it's a 35MPH road, yeah, they were doing "26+".) It's questionable if they get to keep their jobs, but the advertising is immeasurable for GM.

Can't wait till drivelines start showing up.

Leave a comment:

• Morgs
    replied

LOL.

I'm not saying the Corvette isn't faster.

I'm just making the point that how many people are there willing to pay $150k for one. Look at who drives cars in that price point? They all want to badge not the speed.

Corvette buyers in the US are all old men in cargo shorts, Hawaiian shorts, New Balance shoes and white socks. Its a $60k car where a base 911 is a $100k car.

That describes Mustang buyers here in Australia at 1/3rd the price!
    Corvette will get alot of AMG GTS buyers ... that is your market (rather than Boxster owners)

Leave a comment:

• itsnotagsr
    replied
    Originally posted by FLI355 View Post

You've officially lost your mind bro.
    LOL.

I'm not saying the Corvette isn't faster.

I'm just making the point that how many people are there willing to pay $150k for one. Look at who drives cars in that price point? They all want to badge not the speed.

Corvette buyers in the US are all old men in cargo shorts, Hawaiian shorts, New Balance shoes and white socks. Its a $60k car where a base 911 is a $100k car.

That describes Mustang buyers here in Australia at 1/3rd the price!

Leave a comment:

• 1uz-zte
    replied
    Definitely a $350k car in Australia. Also, they'll be HSV badged with an ad campaign stating 'Holden are back'.

Leave a comment:

• FLI355
    replied

You've officially lost your mind bro.

Leave a comment:

• Captiva Fan
    replied

Your point's still valid, but it's a much closer comparison to a Cayman.

I think they're so different that you can't really compare them. Cayman will be a lot softer, Corvette will have US Sportscar Suspension which will punish your insides - but it'll smash a Cayman, in fact I believe it's faster than a GT4 (and I'd suggest a lot faster in the hands of most drivers when comparing to themself in the GT4, as they'll get more out of the powahz than the handling).

The fact that bits fall off your $150k car within the first year of ownership might be annoying; but expected.
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 21-01-20, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• clutch-monkey
    replied

This is way faster than a Boxster and doesn’t make Subaru 4cyl noises so will win a lot of people over

Leave a comment:

Working...
X