X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LS Iron Blocks Australia

Fella's,

Anyone in contact with the former/maybe current owner of LS Iron Blocks Australia? All I have is a mobile number but I'm usually ignored.

Cheers.

Damn, gone off FB???

From a guy starting a similar deal here in Forster:

Alright guys I thought I should make this post to clear a few things up.
    We have no affiliation whatsoever with Iron Blocks Aus or any other business that may be similar to us here in Australia.
    We have no affiliation with that flop from the states that was ripping people off.....
    ....Please be patient and let us build this business up the smart way so we donít have a repeat of what happened to so many of you recently with another particular business.
    John Ayre
    LS Speed Shop Australia
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Yeah he told me he has deleted Facebook and the like but up until last week he was at least answering his phone.

Comment

That sucks, no physical address?
        I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Backstory?
          David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
          You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Long story so I'll try to keep it brief.

Put a deposit down last August for a 4L80E, expected arrival November. Paid full amount, excuses begin for the delays. I tell him it's no problem I'm not in a hurry. But I hit him up once a month or so to see where he's at. Box finally shows up in April this year. But before I unload it off the truck the driver tells me I better take a look. Box completely broken in half. Strange the driver knew it was broken inside the black plastic wrap but on his advice I don't accept it and call back Iron Blocks. "Never happened before, paid for insurance etc I'll sort out another one". Had a 40min D&M on the phone about how his business is going etc.

Anyway a few months later and there's no replacement, every time I call him it's on a pallet ready to go, hasn't cleared customs, other stories. At this time he tells me he's sold the business but I'll still get my box. Last week I finally said look maybe if you can't get me a box I can have my money back. He says this would be a big help to him as he can't get one, but problem is he has no money. Now he doesn't answer his phone.

I've been nothing but understanding the whole time and polite but I think maybe that's let him walk over me and now I'm out of pocket. Cash was all bank transfer and a long time ago so I don't see how I can get it back. Sux.

Comment

Sounds like your average aus based parts supplier
              Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
              Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

To be honest this is why U need to go hard after money from people. In reality your chances are higher the earlier you get in rather than later.
                3D scanning
                3D modelling
                Structural certification
                3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

I bought a 2nd 5.3 ironblock from old mate a few months ago. Had it about 3 weeks later. My motor was from a fresh container that has just arrived (Gen III 5.3 with gen IV rods)

From what i understand he has a lot of issues with his courier company but not many other options apparently for 2nd hand motors, or maybe i just got mine before shit went south.

Comment

Luck of the draw with these sorts of suppliers.

What they do is take a whole heap of money off people and spend it on parts in the states which come in every time they get a container full. If you're lucky enough to have exchanged money for an actual part that is in the country and exists you'll probably get it. If you're not you may never see your money again because he's spent it on the next container load and someone else's part.

The first sign of a business in trouble is that they blame their courier/suppliers. Their courier/suppliers aren't doing their job correctly because they're not getting paid. You may get your part eventually if he doesn't go bankrupt in the meantime.

Comment

Maybe I'm a sucker but speaking to him he always came across as a nice bloke just maybe a bit hopeless at running a business.

The fact that when it showed up broken to me points to the truck driver seeing something. He unwrapped it on the truck, and there's no way you could know it was broken inside by looking at it. So I'm guessing it was dropped or something dropped on it while loading and he seen it happen.

Comment

Its because he or some other spastic on a forklift cant to a job a half trained monkey can.
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by Do the safety dance. View Post
                          Maybe I'm a sucker but speaking to him he always came across as a nice bloke just maybe a bit hopeless at running a business.
                          That's what I thought about Pentastar Parts right up until the moment they declared bankruptcy holding tens of thousands of dollars worth of unfulfilled orders.

You need to get your money back, or your part, if possible while he's still solvent. It might not be deliberate however your money may disappear anyway.

Comment

damn that sucks kev
                            www.holditflat.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
                              That's what I thought about Pentastar Parts right up until the moment they declared bankruptcy holding tens of thousands of dollars worth of unfulfilled orders.
                              he was always a fucking piece of shit, just had people suckered in...
                              im a cunt
                              and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Working...
                              X