Another one! Help me decide on a weekender 10kish

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go look and drive. You'll know if the owner is legit pretty well straight away. If car is good, at that price take a chance. Clutch is a consumable item, so not like you expect they'll last forever anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by 200MPH View Post
      Go look and drive. You'll know if the owner is legit pretty well straight away. If car is good, at that price take a chance. Clutch is a consumable item, so not like you expect they'll last forever anyways.
      That's the plan! I actually had assumed it wasn't drivable now I realise that was stupid, clutch slip easy peasy. Haha deeerrr I was think of having to diagnose it just with car running and a not engaging clutch I have no idea why

​​

Comment

Pac Performance and Croydon Autosports (or whatever they've slightly-renamed as) are also well known workshops.
        Just sayin' …
        Still - PIKA PIKA!!
        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by horrace View Post
          I just wish cars weren't 3-5 more over here in WA in general, can't be bothered with the interstate purchase
          Guess it depends how you look at it, cheap flight over, enjoyable drive back, could be a decent trip if the timing/leave/cash is right!

'13 Yamaha R1 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
            Pac Performance and Croydon Autosports (or whatever they've slightly-renamed as) are also well known workshops.
            Just sayin' …
            Still - PIKA PIKA!!
            Haha too true! Going to look at it today

Comment

Was it any good?
              your former friendly cambodian dictator

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post
                Was it any good?
                Guy texted an hour before I left work saying he had an offer he was happy with, spew

The search continues, I have the cash ready just waiting now not in a rush

Comment

The consolation for you is it would've been fucked for <$5K.

Comment

Slight change of direction with this now looking at 10-15k manual turbo daily so I enjoy and use it more, so something a little collectable isn't really a concern anymore. Currently deciding between a G3 WRX (have looked at and driven a couple liked them a lot if not a little boring but nice as a daily) and an XR5 Focus. Parts cost of the Focus concerns me a little but am yet to drive one. Any thoughts would be great, any deal breaker major issues with either I should know about? Looking at another G3 tomorrow after work
                    ​​​​
                    Last edited by horrace; 20-10-19, 10:39 PM.

Comment

The only thing that springs to mind with XR5 is cruise control; or lack of.
                      Can’t remember if it was ever fitted.
                      I only mention it because most people would take it for granted in anything but a base model by 2006-or-so when they released the XR5 here; so if you want it, might either need a late one or go aftermarket.
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                        The only thing that springs to mind with XR5 is cruise control; or lack of.
                        Can’t remember if it was ever fitted.
                        I only mention it because most people would take it for granted in anything but a base model by 2006-or-so when they released the XR5 here; so if you want it, might either need a late one or go aftermarket.
                        good to know I do 60kms of hwy driving every day

Comment

For those playing at home checking this out today

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...m_medium=email

Compared to others for sale in WA I think it's a couple of grand under valued

Comment

If you're looking at that shape WRX, try and get MY09 and above. Thats when they went from 169kw to 195kw.
                            That one is the 169kw version. Easiest way to quickly pick the difference (if stock) is the wheel colour, silver 169kw, grey 195kw.
                            Last edited by GNGBNG; 21-10-19, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I don't think any xr5's got factory cruise, the only ones that have it are aftermarket.
                              I was tossing up between the same sort of cars earlier this year but I did end up with an XR5. I couldn't find any decent 09+ wrx's worth looking at that weren't stupid money. I ended up with an XR5 for a lot less and I don't regret my decision, the ridiculous noises that the volvo 5 pot makes with an aftermarket exhaust puts a smile on my face everyday.

Comment

XR5 and WRX are good choices. WRX would have more mod ability/parts for cheap id assume.
                                ~~ ~~
                                ~ (**) ~
                                ~~ /\~~
                                ~ mmm...stick boobies~

Comment

Working...
                                X