Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GNGBNG View Post
    If you're looking at that shape WRX, try and get MY09 and above. Thats when they went from 169kw to 195kw.
    That one is the 169kw version. Easiest way to quickly pick the difference (if stock) is the wheel colour, silver 169kw, grey 195kw.
    Yeah didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up, main things for me are inertior in good nick and service history so I may settle for less power for the perfect car

Comment

Originally posted by dahashrat View Post
      I don't think any xr5's got factory cruise, the only ones that have it are aftermarket.
      I was tossing up between the same sort of cars earlier this year but I did end up with an XR5. I couldn't find any decent 09+ wrx's worth looking at that weren't stupid money. I ended up with an XR5 for a lot less and I don't regret my decision, the ridiculous noises that the volvo 5 pot makes with an aftermarket exhaust puts a smile on my face everyday.
      Yes that's an attraction for me for sure, have you had any experience with parts or repair prices?

Comment

Originally posted by horrace View Post
        Slight change of direction with this now looking at 10-15k manual turbo daily so I enjoy and use it more, so something a little collectable isn't really a concern anymore. Currently deciding between a G3 WRX (have looked at and driven a couple liked them a lot if not a little boring but nice as a daily) and an XR5 Focus. Parts cost of the Focus concerns me a little but am yet to drive one. Any thoughts would be great, any deal breaker major issues with either I should know about? Looking at another G3 tomorrow after work
        ​​​​
        G3 with thicker swaybars and better tyres/brakes = less boring

Used G3 STI sways are a popular bolt on mod at $100-150 each. Then add $200 DBA T2 rotors and it becomes a bit more enticing to throw into corners.
        Kebabhunter

Comment

Originally posted by mrkebabs View Post
          G3 with thicker swaybars and better tyres/brakes = less boring

Used G3 STI sways are a popular bolt on mod at $100-150 each. Then add $200 DBA T2 rotors and it becomes a bit more enticing to throw into corners.
          Cheers mate! The blue one I posted above is immaculate I was impressed, full service history, went well and new clutch so pretty sold on it. I'm going to test drive a 09 tomorrow to experience the 190kw hopefully can make decision easier.

Comment

What year was the non narrow body?
            I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Wide body first came out in the WRX in 2010 (MY11)
              STi has always been the wide body since 2007 (MY08)

Comment

Originally posted by horrace View Post

Yes that's an attraction for me for sure, have you had any experience with parts or repair prices?
                Parts haven't been too bad so far, mine needed brakes and rotors and the parts weren't more expensive than a toyota or subaru. I had to do my waterpump and timing belt and a local mechanic charged 900 for that which didn't seem exorbitant.

Comment

Originally posted by dahashrat View Post

Parts haven't been too bad so far, mine needed brakes and rotors and the parts weren't more expensive than a toyota or subaru. I had to do my waterpump and timing belt and a local mechanic charged 900 for that which didn't seem exorbitant.
                  Gees not bad at all!

Comment

Loved my brothers xr5. Only issues for me was no cruise. Sure you could fit one however. If electronic throttle, then easy, can't remember. And just a simple centre resonator delete gives them a little bit of lovely 5cyl note for bugger all cash.
                    ​​​They not all that fast however...tunes can be had up to a point, and that point is stick clutch slip I believe.

Comment

yeah, and you hit the limit of traction pretty quickly with FWD, especially with average tyres. I had to put a less aggressive tune on mine as i had my traction control kicking in all the time when hitting boost, plus I didn't want to kill my clutch.

Comment

Pick up the 07 G3 I posted previously tomorrow, it was just too clean to ignore, full service history, new clutch and radiator and completely standard. Had seat covers on its whole life! Looked at two 2009 cars and they were ratty as I think these in good nick inside and out are hard to come by

Comment

good work - can always go fully sick on it if you need more fasts easy with ya standard vf34 exhaust and tune.
                          ~~ ~~
                          ~ (**) ~
                          ~~ /\~~
                          ~ mmm...stick boobies~

Comment

Originally posted by YBS1OW View Post
                            good work - can always go fully sick on it if you need more fasts easy with ya standard vf34 exhaust and tune.
                            Haha true I've decided I won't do that but as always probably won't happen, need a cat back for some sound at least

Comment

Originally posted by GNGBNG View Post
                              Wide body first came out in the WRX in 2010 (MY11)
                              STi has always been the wide body since 2007 (MY08)
                              Ah ok its amazing how much better they look.
                              I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

how much did you get it for?
                                Tossed up one of these but weak 2.5L and 5spd put me off - so i went the XR5 route instead

Comment

Working...
                                X