Thoughts on TURBO TUNE in SA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on TURBO TUNE in SA?

I'm thinking of getting my car dynoed at Turbo tune in Edwardstown in Adelaide and was wondering if anybody and had good or bad experiences with them in the past?

Is there dyno accurate?
    2000 AUII Ford 75th anniversary Futura on LPG

2000 Subaru Liberty GX wagon MY01 FOR SALE pm me

Just a reminder to all, any negative comments are to be directed to the thread started privately, via PM, not posted publicly.
    Teh nice guy can never win!

Comment

*coughs*

they are near RPM... says it all doesnt it

Comment

All I'm after is experiences so I can make a judgement call.

If you say " I wouldnt go there personally" that will be good enough for me!

Comment

Originally posted by blueoval
          If you say " I wouldnt go there personally" that will be good enough for me!
          Sure, but they can tell you via PM, not on the public section of the forums. Sorry, but that's the way it has to be. It's too risky to allow stuff about a business that could be construed as negative or defamatory to be posted on PF, as ultimately, regardless of what defamation laws and the like are or should be, the owner of PF is liable.
          Teh nice guy can never win!

Comment

plenty of race cars get tuned there, must be doing something right.

ab
            www.speeding-web-page-cos-im-cool.com

Comment

thats cool, i'm happy with that. Looks like it will be a goer unless there is something someone wants to let me know about!

PM me if need be!

Comment

If you go in there make sure you talk to John Keen (if he still works there) because AFAIK he is the main tuner and is the best one to shoot tech with. Make sure you remember all your questions!
                He has tuned my car and has been happy to offer help when I returned with minor teething problems.

They have a 4WD dyno and I last time I checked the hourly tuning rate reflected the cost of the 4WD dyno regardless of your car being 2WD. but it is a while since I've been there or spoken to them so a phone call would be the best.

If John Keen wasn't tuning my car I would consider looking elsewhere for a dyno/tuner

PS, RPM is under new ownership.

Comment

Thanks zac, I spoke to a guy named David (I think) and he seemed to know what was going on. Could he be the partner to this John Keen bloke?

Anyone else you could recomend down south?

Awesome Automotive?
                  Blackwood Dyno?

I'm reasonably new to this dyno stuff and am not sure on what to ask in respects to this. What should I be considering?

Comment

That would be David Keen, the brother of John. You might have to go into the shop to speak to John if he is in town.

I don't have experience with anyone else but I'll be asking the same questions in a few months time.

I would like to find out where Mike Dale is and if he is still tuning.

Comment

If you go to Blackwood Dyno, speak to Mike Dale as he is pretty switched on, he also races a Ford Saloon car.

Comment

Thanks Angle, I might do that. How much experience does Mike Dale have in the industry?

Have you heard good things about him?

What q's should I be asking?

Comment

Mike used to work at Turbo Tune for many years. The dyno at Blackwood is brand new. Mike has been involved in Motorsport for probably 30 years or more.

Comment

Successsfully involved too!
                            Good to hear they have a new dyno, I would let him tune my car.

Comment

Well I spoke to a guy named Paul at Blackwood Dyno and he's seems pretty cluey as to what happens. Their rates seem to be more affordable as opposed to Turbo tune.
                              30 years experience! Well you cant argue with that.

I ended up booking my car in for Tuesday next week so I'll be keen to see what kw out put the car is doing at the wheels.

Paul also said that the dyno they have is going to be used in the Ford/Holden Show held this weekend at Wayville. And if it's new, the better in my books!

Comment

Working...
                              X