Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s the current hotness in running in oil?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s the current hotness in running in oil?

Controversial topic, but what is the go with running in oil now? I can’t remember what we last used, but I got it from TK.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

I've recently used the Penrite running in oil on my flat tappet old school V8. Worked fine for running in the lifters to the cam. Will run it for the first 500km and report back, but I can't see an issue with the oil.

Comment

Head-rebuilder guy recommended a Penrite one to me for an agricultural 70's design alloy-head OHC engine, can't remember the exact product but prolly same/similar as mizone used.

*edit*
      I now remember him also recommending Nulon.
      Last edited by Captiva Fan; 02-10-19, 12:29 PM.
      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

I also used the penrite running in oil on my EJ257: https://penriteoil.com.au/products/1...15w-40-mineral

Comment

I used Brad Penn run in oil. It worked, so would any high zinc mineral oil.

Oo___oO

Comment

All motors I put on the engine dyno just cheap mineral oil. Put anything good in it and rings won't bed in. 20 to 30 min on the engine dyno, dump it then good oil and tune from there.
            3D scanning
            3D modelling
            Structural certification
            3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

TK recommend Joe Gibbs BR30 for the engine he did for me, seems good

Comment

Working...
              X