Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    Getting 3 years out of a battery is fairly normal I would have thought, regardless of the car.
    Yes, but the normal batteries are a third of the price of the stop/start equipped cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
      It's a pity there's no reliable Japanese competitors other than the Civic type R - surely a 150-220kW Lexus/Toyota/Nissan/Mitsubishi performance hatch would do well in our market. Civic is good on paper but too ugly for most people.
      WRX I suppose, but it seems to attract a different demographic. Mazda would probably be the best bet to deliver that sort of car - it could build one with off the shelf parts I think - but they don't seem keen.

Comment

WRX is a bit old, rattly and slow. 0-100 in 6.2 seconds and 5.2 seconds for the STI as well, is pretty crap.

Lexus have a 2L turbo with 184kW in luxury tune, Mazda have a lot of turbo options, and even Nissan have a couple, but my suspicion is it's a lot cheaper and easier to engineer and sell an overweight SUV using the same parts.

Comment

I like how they're a little bit boring, FWD, and auto only but at least they're reliable. Also no.

As Forg said they probably do a lot of things well enough and would be fine for most people. It's a pity there's no reliable Japanese competitors other than the Civic type R - surely a 150-220kW Lexus/Toyota/Nissan/Mitsubishi performance hatch would do well in our market. Civic is good on paper but too ugly for most people.
          So if only the civic type r was more like the golf it would be better

Comment

Originally posted by IMOA View Post
            So if only the civic type r was more like the golf it would be better
            Well yes!
            A Type-R in a Golf suit would be superb!
            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Pretty much, yeah. If they did a Civic type R on lightweight 18’s and toned down the wing I would have bought one.

Comment

A WRX or STi would be a backwards step... I bought my MY11 STi brand new and still have it.

It was dated then, and the current model is just as dated... Subaru is stuck in the past... just banking on sales from their halo days in the WRC..... theres no innovation or technology improvements with their WRX or STi, hell the STi is still using a shitty old EJ25....

It just seems they're happy to sell the same shit over and over, harping on about their rally pedigree....
                /csh Racing

Comment

STI gets something like 14l/100km around town last I checked. Epic!

Comment

STI gets something like 14l/100km around town last I checked. Epic!
                    yup, when i drove it daily, i was having to fill up every week, and that was just driving to/from work only. got something stupid like 350km out of a tank.
                    /csh Racing

Comment

Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
                      A WRX or STi would be a backwards step... I bought my MY11 STi brand new and still have it.

It was dated then, and the current model is just as dated... Subaru is stuck in the past... just banking on sales from their halo days in the WRC..... theres no innovation or technology improvements with their WRX or STi, hell the STi is still using a shitty old EJ25....

It just seems they're happy to sell the same shit over and over, harping on about their rally pedigree....
                      They don't have the money to do anything else... just keep churning out the same old platform well beyond other manufacturer's lifespan. Same as Mitsu
                      your former friendly cambodian dictator

Comment

chick i worked with bought a 2016 sti in jan. shes just traded it for a focus rs. she drives hard and was doing 19/100 and it ate the pads and disks in 15000km. fit and finish was the same as a 2002 model. i have no clue as to how subaru stay afloat.
                        Originally posted by Marv
                        Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

I love my STi, still spend stupid $$ modding it, love driving it... but would never want to drive it daily any more thats for sure...
                          /csh Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
                            chick i worked with bought a 2016 sti in jan. shes just traded it for a focus rs. she drives hard and was doing 19/100 and it ate the pads and disks in 15000km. fit and finish was the same as a 2002 model. i have no clue as to how subaru stay afloat.
                            The SUV cash-cow, those things are all archaic so a Forester doesn’t seem so outdated AND they reap more $$ per sale.
                            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Pretty much, yeah. If they did a Civic type R on lightweight 18’s and toned down the wing I would have bought one.
                              Updated version and pics in Europe show it on 18's and with a low height rear spoiler

https://www.motor1.com/news/258399/h...-type-r-spied/
                              Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Comment

Originally posted by smee View Post
                                We wanted a manual, as stepping out of an XR5.

But, we lobbed in for a Trophy. Base spec.
                                Basically a Cup with some extra power, Lithium Battery, Different wheels / Tyres, valved exhaust and different interior treatment.
                                A shame it is not available in Red as they are in Europe. Even asking to order a one off in that colour was a flat out NO. Opted for Liquid Yellow as second choice.
                                Was advised 55k drive-away. 49k was previous D/A price on the cup we paid in May for January 2019 build. Lower if you took a previous MY18 build.
                                Yes, quoting myself.
                                Got this info yesterday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked Trophy Birth Certificate._LI.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	7082762

Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Comment

Working...
                                X