X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inspection/work lights

Hey hey,

Never really had another good solution since the old oversize lightbulb in wire cage on extension lead...

Have hoist - have well lit shed, but have had a few cordless lights/magnetic etc - most have been cheap and shit -

Thinking about putting upward pointing LED's on the hoist - but assume they will always be annoying or in the way - and even if they were there - not going to be in the right spots -

what have you got thats good - what have you got that you wish you didn't?

Thanks Ladies.
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

I've got a pair of Arlec halogen lamps on a bar, which just sits on the ground.
    They give plenty of light but I find it a total PITA to use them as they're always shining in my face whenever I look down/around.
    And they get too hot, I really only have them as surplus (pilfered the tripod they came with for other purposes).
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

i have a couple of $30 aldi rechargable battery powered lights. one a big underbonnet style light, one a smaller stick light. both have very good battery life and have magnets and hooks, so theyre easy to stick wherever.

i keep telling myself ill upgrade to some milwaukee stuff but tbh i just havent had the need. these have been great
      1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
      The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
        i have a couple of $30 aldi rechargable battery powered lights. one a big underbonnet style light, one a smaller stick light. both have very good battery life and have magnets and hooks, so theyre easy to stick wherever.

i keep telling myself ill upgrade to some milwaukee stuff but tbh i just havent had the need. these have been great
        we had one of these out there there the other day - great light, but struggled to hang it anywhere good - and pretty sure I'd lose patience and would end up needing new batteries after a few falls... would certainly run forever on a 5AH though
        https://www.makita.com.au/products/p...led-work-light

Comment

These are my three primary lights. Work a treat. M12 under bonnet, Ryobi stick and Aldi handheld
          Chris
          ------
          The new nugget
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

I have one of those Ryobi lights, lots of options for hanging it and when folded out long it makes heaps of light. I use that and a small corded flouro work light when I'm under the hoist, seems to cover most cases pretty well. I don't like having a single point of mega-bright light (eg incandescent bulb in a wire cage style work lights), they tend to just blind you and make it worse.
            Norbie!

Comment

Do not buy the Jaycar rechargeable unit. Takes 14+ hours to charge and only lasts about an hour on medium output setting

This piece of junk. Costs a $100 as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SL2859-rugged-20w-1800-lumen-led-rechargeable-work-lightImageMain-515.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	7082481

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
                I have one of those Ryobi lights, lots of options for hanging it and when folded out long it makes heaps of light. I use that and a small corded flouro work light when I'm under the hoist, seems to cover most cases pretty well. I don't like having a single point of mega-bright light (eg incandescent bulb in a wire cage style work lights), they tend to just blind you and make it worse.
                you need to cut up a soup can and stick in in the reflector.. come now.. not animals..

So furious googling yesterday made me think maybe an extension cord fluro (or LED equivalent) might not be the worst plan - and then i was thinking what i really want is one on a retractable reel - like my extension cord.. turns out they exist in the US...

so now wondering if im going to jerry-rig something..

Comment

That's a pretty cool idea, not sure if it's better than a battery powered one though? They can last a long time on a charge - I used my Ryobi one on a camping trip and after a whole weekend of use the battery was still at 50%.
                  Norbie!

Comment

Ive found my head mounted torch works a treat.
                    The light is always where your looking and it never shines in your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                    X