Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
    Most of it's too obscure for kabab to source.
    Originally posted by mizone View Post
    Even if Rock Auto had a Australian agent and .au web site with 15% mark up I'd still go there as it's cheaper and they have parts.
    kabab, there's got to be an opportunity here
    Originally posted by Marlin
    Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

remind me again why so much of you fucks support the libs? theyve been passing so much uncompetitive shit lately it's not funny. the asbestos regs on old cars, the multiple attempts to neuter the repeal of the import laws even though we no longer have a local auto industry, the gerry harvey tax, the bullshit currently going on with trying to dictate investment decisions on power stations (which they fucken privatised in the first place anyway), etc etc etc

for the party of the free market they sure have developed a habit of fucking markets up
      1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
      The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Cos we sick of Robin hood lefty cunts.
        3D scanning
        3D modelling
        Structural certification
        3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

bEtTeR eCoNoMiC mAnAgErS

Comment

Gerry can get fucked, i just paid $173 each for shiny bilstein shocks when none of my local shops were interested in supplying anything that would work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5A7AB0B8-AD27-4182-822B-36E5BDA46BCD.jpeg
Views:	365
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	7089254
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
              Cos we sick of having to pay a modicum of tax to maintain an environment in which we can sit in our vaults & count our money..
              That’s a bit ... well, unsettling, really ...
              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

It’s a bit dispiriting how basically one individual can determine government policy in this country. And just to make it harder for others to import cheap shit from overseas, when that’s his exact business model.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
                  It’s a bit dispiriting how basically one individual can determine government policy in this country. And just to make it harder for others to import cheap shit from overseas, when that’s his exact business model.
                  I actually congratulate him on highlighting how cheap it is to sway government policy for political parties. Like the car importing lobby forcing asbestos policies and bypassing their consumer obligations. Pay some money and the government will make sure you get your way.

I think it's called corruption and bribery of a political entity.

Comment

Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post

Sure i can talk to them but is price the driving factor or you just can't get those specific parts in Australia??

We could do something with them but it would be more expensive and you would probably need to be happy to wait a while for goods...
                    Automotive Superstore

Little Real Estate Bondi

Comment

Both price and parts availability. Last Fuel filter i got for the Jeep i bought off Kebab as was similar to rock auto but was on sale through Automotive superstore. Other things that arent availible through aussie sellers let alone at the price. 2 rear gas struts for the tailgate for $12 etc.
                      I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post
                        Thanks for spelling it out :-)

Originally posted by kabab View Post

Sure i can talk to them but is price the driving factor or you just can't get those specific parts in Australia??

We could do something with them but it would be more expensive and you would probably need to be happy to wait a while for goods...
                        Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                        Both price and parts availability. Last Fuel filter i got for the Jeep i bought off Kebab as was similar to rock auto but was on sale through Automotive superstore. Other things that arent availible through aussie sellers let alone at the price. 2 rear gas struts for the tailgate for $12 etc.
                        Agreed. Case in point - I can just jump on their site and find what I want, multiple brands so I can get quality, know that it is cheaper than anything locally, it's faster as it takes longer to purchase at the local parts store as they are at the mercy of the re-sellers themselves.

No one keeps Chrysler parts. Mustang bits are also available on the Rockauto website, most of the time it's genuine Motorcraft parts as well. I simply can't get that locally. I wouldn't expect locally sellers to have my bizarre requests so RockAuto fit my needs perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post

I actually think this goes against the agreement. It was supposed to make it easier to get stuff between the countries..
                          I think there was a whole bunch of stuff in there on respecting/enforcing the tax obligations of each others country, which is what stings us. But yeah, that was the sales pitch.
                          your former friendly cambodian dictator

Comment

I don’t think there’s been any nefarious attempt to con us all into paying a hidden extra 10% that we were all avoiding, by dangling a carrot of reduced import duties in front of our faces.
                            I don’t think I’ve heard anyone say they give a shit about the 10%.
                            It’s just flat-out stupidity or ignorance on behalf of the ATO. All businesses in Australia do the ATO’s collections for them, why wouldn’t US businesses do it for the small proportion of their customers that are in Australia?
                            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Regulation always favours big companies..

For the likes of eBay & Amazon the tax is great because they can afford to comply with it and the little guys it sucks because the cost of compliance just isn't worth it so they stop servicing that segment.
                              Automotive Superstore

Little Real Estate Bondi

Comment

I just tried to order something - per above, wouldn't do it. So I dug out my Shipito details that I last used two years ago, and bam - done. Not hard to get around it.

Comment

Working...
                                X