X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RS 300 Renault arrival at Melbourne Docks

Anyone on the docks in Melbourne.

Can you confirm unloading of Renault RS Trophies from the Hoegh Africa.

From paperwork, my new car is supposed to be one of them.
    Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Read somewhere that Renault Aus couldn't sell their allocation???

Comment

I didn't realise Renault had gone so nuts on the limited edition stuff recently:

https://www.renault.com.au/megane-rs-trophy

$22k extra to save 130kg on the Trophy-R. Brave people!

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
        Read somewhere that Renault Aus couldn't sell their allocation???
        Correct.
        Initially went for 20, but got 12. One of those is a pre release press car.
        From some reports dealers have them, but not been sold to customer.

Not all trophies have been allocated either. Assigned 100, but would be surprised if 50 have had a deposit placed on them.
        Ours is a replacement for a Cup we bought in May, but returned due to a few faults.
        Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
          I didn't realise Renault had gone so nuts on the limited edition stuff recently:

https://www.renault.com.au/megane-rs-trophy

$22k extra to save 130kg on the Trophy-R. Brave people!
          So the Trophy R Record Version will be only 1 or 1 in Australia and sold by Auction.... Would typical Gumtree offers of lizards and fishtanks plus one or two VT Commodores be considered legal currency for this auction?

At $55K I'm surprised more of the base trophies haven't been sold, seems to be reasonable value for a hot hatch with over 200killerwasps

Comment

Considered the RS Cup in manual.

Didn't offer anything better than the i30N ultimately, and was $7k more.

Enjoy it anyway, what color did you get?
            Last edited by sssgtr; 03-12-19, 11:49 AM.

Comment

A lot of pennies for a hot hatch.
              Originally posted by brasher
              TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by sssgtr View Post
                Considered the RS Cup in manual.

Didn't offer anything better than the i30N ultimately, and was $7k more.

Enjoy it anyway, what color did you get?
                We had a Flame Red cup for a few days, but it had too many non repairable faults with it.
                Got our money back.

New order is for liquid yellow. They reduced the number of colours coming in to the country, and it was best of the bunch. Red or Grey would have been choice.

Power is up on the Cup, and it gets a few other bits standard, so will see how it goes.

Hopefully it does not have to go back.

Comment

It's not the price or features etc that hold Renaults back, it's the fact that in 3 years a $55k new car will be worth $15k.
                  Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

And if I am looking at buying a three year old hatch how is that a bad thing?????

Comment

It's not! Just nobody wants them when they are new (and trust me I am a fan of fast little Renaults!)
                      Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Hahaha...wish me luck on selling my 5 yr old Clio RS Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                          It's not the price or features etc that hold Renaults back, it's the fact that in 3 years a $55k new car will be worth $15k.
                          There are still some of the first batch that arrived in 2018 for sale in the dealers yards.
                          A recent sale was a demo with minimal k's on it for $37k drive away. That's $14k off the RRP for the time.

At that rate, they will be $15k.

Comment

The talk of refunds has me deleting the car sales app

was considering trading my Mazda’s for a Megane RS 280...

Comment

Or use that for extra leverage to screw a better price down

Comment

Working...
                              X