Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
    other Toyota is around $51k here?
    I just did a rate conversion from jpy to aud.
    will go looking for a similar priced car and compare, good exercise!
    I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Expensive but not surprised.
      Originally posted by The Property Guru
      don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
      Originally posted by oxy
      No, that's asians
      A80 Supra
      80 Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
        I just did a rate conversion from jpy to aud.
        will go looking for a similar priced car and compare, good exercise!
        I started, but spec levels took me down ... looks like the Camry E-4 is a Camry Hybrid, E-4 is 87% of the cost of GR-4 in Japan and top-spec Hybrid is $41k here ... which would translate to around $45k for the GR-4 here, which is close enough to $51k given the unknowns in spec-level comparison between the Camrys as well as the GR-4's.
        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

A Camry of similar specs in Japan is 3.8m yen and $36k here. I don’t think that’s a fair comparison though. Awesome if it is but we’ll have to wait and see.
          I’m going to head to my Toyota dealer tomorrow and ask about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
            I started, but spec levels took me down ... looks like the Camry E-4 is a Camry Hybrid, E-4 is 87% of the cost of GR-4 in Japan and top-spec Hybrid is $41k here ... which would translate to around $45k for the GR-4 here, which is close enough to $51k given the unknowns in spec-level comparison between the Camrys as well as the GR-4's.
            I picked a WS 2wd model which seemed to be hybrid. Would be so much easier if there was an English version of their site!

Comment

Just found a few English stories and I think they are forgetting that Japan PS != HP. Japan reports 272ps which is 200kw. Aus reports say it has 192kw. Surely they don’t bother tuning them down anymore for Aus market do they?

Comment

All Camrys in Japan are hybrids now if that helps.

Comment

Well at least we cant blame an exorbitant price on Toyota AU (for once)

I note that a straight base-model to base-model 86 comparison comes out at the same price between here and Japan (Japan - $35,600 Aus - $35,300)
                  Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 10-01-20, 12:52 PM.
                  Originally posted by Jim
                  I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                  What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

https://www.caradvice.com.au/818502/...till-no-price/

Comment

At $51k they might as well not send any over to us

Comment

At $51k, is it cheaper than Project Binky?
                        Sent from my shed, trapped under a collapsed QuickJack, via Tapatalk

Comment

I've budgeted 50K for one, wouldn't surprise me if they're released at WRX pricing

Comment

Nopics didn’t seem too surprised at $50k. Think she feels better spending that amount on a Toyota than a Hyundai.

Comment

just noticed on the toyota news release that there's a pov-spec seat too, so I guess that's what Australia will get. The one without the harness holes: https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/30976389.html#

Comment

51k + aus tax & onroads. Reckon they are going to sell about 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X