No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heh, vacuum operated intake flap gubbins is *identical* to what the ISF had... nice bit of parts-bin raiding there
    Simple to bypass and have the flap open constantly for more intake growl
    Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 24-11-20, 05:07 PM.
    Originally posted by Jim
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
      We tried to geek out where we could. We weren’t going to do a drive review to rival Chris Harris so thought we would poke around instead. Will do more when we finally get our car which is showing delivery 21st dec
      Big thumbs up to yourself, AIC and fullboost - really cool, informative video.

Comment

We tried to geek out where we could. We weren’t going to do a drive review to rival Chris Harris so thought we would poke around instead. Will do more when we finally get our car which is showing delivery 21st dec
        The slop in the center bore of the front disc, was that just because it wasn't on the step in the hub right at the face? I've seen a lot of FWD toyota's with a stepped hub, where it goes from 54mm to 55mm at the stub edge

Comment

I just looked at the vid- you could be right about the bore. I’d have to check again to be sure. Regardless a fair whack of clearance around the studs too

Comment

yeah, I'm used to 14mm stud holes for M12 studs in toyota FWD discs

Comment

it didn't look too bad a fit in there luke, would have figured better than FD for you?
              Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
              Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

That was a great watch, thanks for posting It Kev. Luke you have the coolest job!
                "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Slightly off topic but I've got to ask, what work does AIC primarily perform and who are your customers? For profit or industry supported kinda deal?

Super impressive looking facility.

Comment

I fell asleep half way though the full boost video, woke up 40 mins into a video from MCM.

what an awesome afternoon!

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
                      it didn't look too bad a fit in there luke, would have figured better than FD for you?
                      It was pretty tight. I couldn't own one without lowering rails. Def better than a stock FD but my FD is much better than the Yaris because custom floorpan

Originally posted by psi999 View Post
                      Slightly off topic but I've got to ask, what work does AIC primarily perform and who are your customers? For profit or industry supported kinda deal?

Super impressive looking facility.
                      It is a subsidiary of the Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association but where AAAA is NFP AIC is FP. I was employed to set it up 2 years ago. Our main customers are companies that develop products for the aftermarket. Any company from 4WD accessories to performance parts etc. We have a couple of 3D scanners, 3D printing, vehicle fleet, testing services etc

Comment

It is a subsidiary of the Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association but where AAAA is NFP AIC is FP. I was employed to set it up 2 years ago. Our main customers are companies that develop products for the aftermarket. Any company from 4WD accessories to performance parts etc. We have a couple of 3D scanners, 3D printing, vehicle fleet, testing services etc
                        Looks really good. Plus now we know where to ask for CAM plasma cutting
                        Chris
                        ------
                        The new nugget
                        I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post

Looks really good. Plus now we know where to ask for CAM plasma cutting
                          Happy to help out PFers where I can

Comment

Wow the more you undress that little thing the more the $40k seems like a comparative bargain.

It’s almost the perfect daily, but can be romped on at the track on the weekend. Well done Toyota

Comment

Got to watch the video this morning, damn good, thanks Luke and Fullboost. Seems people are appreciating that type of video too mate, you might have found a new calling!
                              I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Thanks Kev glad it was enjoyable. We might do a bit more filming when we get our car but probably won't be until January now (needs to be in one piece so I can thrash it first)

Comment

Working...
                                X