Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
    Thanks Kev glad it was enjoyable. We might do a bit more filming when we get our car but probably won't be until January now (needs to be in one piece so I can thrash it first)
    Just one thought mate, your point on torque vectoring across the rear (braking each wheel depending on whats going on) to help with yaw, I haven't read that elsewhere. Where did you see that? The UK press pack (https://media.toyota.co.uk/wp-conten...ullRelease.pdf) probably has the most info and I couldn't see it in there. Maybe jasonp1977 has seen confirmation (or not) in the tech documents he got?
    I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Thanks Kev glad it was enjoyable. We might do a bit more filming when we get our car but probably won't be until January now (needs to be in one piece so I can thrash it first)
      Gosh you must be pulling your hair out seeing all these rushed poorly developed / executed modifications starting to trickle out of tuning shops that conned their way into dealers letting go of their demos. From the looks of your facility its such a disappointment TMCA didn't hook you up.

Comment

Saw a black one in the flesh, red is better.

Dealer tells me the next lot out will be 55k+.

Looking fwd to watching the vid.
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

45k minimum for demo cars.
          .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

Just one thought mate, your point on torque vectoring across the rear (braking each wheel depending on whats going on) to help with yaw, I haven't read that elsewhere. Where did you see that? The UK press pack (https://media.toyota.co.uk/wp-conten...ullRelease.pdf) probably has the most info and I couldn't see it in there. Maybe jasonp1977 has seen confirmation (or not) in the tech documents he got?
            I probably read it in an international article to be fair. Maybe its just on the circuit pack. Someone will find the software and turn it on for the base spec surely- it looks to have the brakes to handle it and it works great

Originally posted by psi999 View Post

Gosh you must be pulling your hair out seeing all these rushed poorly developed / executed modifications starting to trickle out of tuning shops that conned their way into dealers letting go of their demos. From the looks of your facility its such a disappointment TMCA didn't hook you up.
            It happens. Its a rarer for these companies whereas the stalwarts in the 4WD industry do it multiple times every year. I think the last car the performance guys really got onto quick was the 86. I am a bit gutted our allocation got pushed back though.

I spoke to TMCA and like most other OEMs they see us as a threat. In Australia accessories is big business and the OEMs believe that aftermarket companies steal their business. Not relevant in performance at all but for the 4WDs the reality is there are few people who are on the fence about buying an OEM accessories vs aftermarket- they are usually one or the other. We will get there but I have to admit its the hardest part of my job convincing them that they would sell half of their Landcruisers if there was no aftermarket accessories for them

Comment

That was a great video Lukevl!
              Originally posted by The Property Guru
              don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
              Originally posted by oxy
              No, that's asians
              A80 Supra
              80 Landcruiser

Comment

yup, great vid, well done.

That workshop is fucking epic.

Dr Hoon

Comment

We will get there but I have to admit its the hardest part of my job convincing them that they would sell half of their Landcruisers if there was no aftermarket accessories for them
                  Toyota would have sold about one 79 series if it wasn't for strong aftermarket. 75k for a ute then another 50k to make it not absolutely shithouse.

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post

Toyota would have sold about one 79 series if it wasn't for strong aftermarket. 75k for a ute then another 50k to make it not absolutely shithouse.
                    Can you put that into a powerpoint presentation for me?

Comment

If its just a system that auto-brakes a spinning wheel then thats the same as all the "e-diff"/EBD or whatever name manufacturers give it. Its effectively torque vectoring on an open diff i think
                      Originally posted by Jim
                      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post

If its just a system that auto-brakes a spinning wheel then thats the same as all the "e-diff"/EBD or whatever name manufacturers give it. Its effectively torque vectoring on an open diff i think
                        Yeah pretty much. It uses steering input, speed and yaw to determine when the driver is commanding a big tip-in and it brakes the inside rear wheel to help it turn in. Works great and is mostly software as all the other sensors are there. The main issue is brakes which the GR seems to have plenty of. I tested an Audi with it years ago in the UK around a wet handling circuit and after a few laps the rear rotors were blue so it works them hard

Comment

Yeh I know what it is and how it works. I don’t believe the car has the feature/tech.
                          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Looks like a PF member is the star of a video...

Will watch it tomorrow when I have more time, but looks damn interesting. Thanks!
                            Quoted for awesomeness. Great look over of it. That facility is next level Luke!
                            I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

anyone got theirs and bringing it to cars and coffee?

Comment

Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post
                                anyone got theirs and bringing it to cars and coffee?
                                Its an outside possibility for mine, meant to be at the dealership on the 2nd of December..

Comment

Working...
                                X