Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blur View Post

Its an outside possibility for mine, meant to be at the dealership on the 2nd of December..
    If you do make it let us know, would love to see one minus stickers!
    I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
      I spoke to TMCA and like most other OEMs they see us as a threat. In Australia accessories is big business and the OEMs believe that aftermarket companies steal their business. Not relevant in performance at all but for the 4WDs the reality is there are few people who are on the fence about buying an OEM accessories vs aftermarket- they are usually one or the other. We will get there but I have to admit its the hardest part of my job convincing them that they would sell half of their Landcruisers if there was no aftermarket accessories for them
      It is frustrating that SEMA generally has the support of the OEM's, so the aftermarket can have good quality products available almost as the car is going on the market. Where as over here, with the exception of the ford/herrod relationship & a few others, we are seen as the ugly step children of the industry.

Comment

This looks fun as fuck

Oo___oO

Comment

I’d love to see more of those style of vids, Luke. Might be a good you tube sideline (For you) and a good way to sell cars ( for the manufacturers).
          "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Thanks for the feedback lads. I’ll make an effort to do some more content with the teardown on our cars.

Comment

Yaris now the current front page of the Toyota website.. with the GR4 that you can no longer buy.. well until the Rallyeye comes.

Looks like the model was mainly a PR exercise as the hero, to get people to buy the base models (which is failing dismally at the higher prices). Seems like they will sell more GR4 than the entire base models this year. Did they hire ex-Holden marketing people or something?

Click image for larger version  Name:	yaris.png Views:	0 Size:	1.91 MB ID:	7201882
              Attached Files
              RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Few up on gumtree.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	A92A2DEA-F593-4D13-A67A-5548969FD7D3.jpeg
Views:	312
Size:	876.2 KB
ID:	7201895
                All seem to be new and not demos. Definitely wait to see what happens to prices after today when the Rallye will go on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
                  This looks fun as fuck

Brilliant!!!!

Thanks for posting this

Comment

So they're not making any more, what happens re insurance if yours gets nicked or written off I wonder?

Anyone got a price on full comp yet?

.... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                      So they're not making any more, what happens re insurance if yours gets nicked or written off I wonder?

I tried a few insurance companies for a prospective quote just to get an idea for budgeting and most didn't even have it in the database, but NRMA did and I think it was around $825 year comp with $850 excess and market value of $49,500.

Comment

I'd say you get a payout, but I'm not an insurer so actually have no idea. Would be pretty hard to get a new replacement.

I've looked at Allianz, NRMA, RACQ up here and they all have it listed ready to quote. NRMA was the best for me (only $510/yr, very surprised!), under half the price of Allianz.

Comment

Tunehouse has their GR Yaris at Wakefield atm, in the hands of Bozz, so far its done a 1.11
                          Originally posted by The Property Guru
                          don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                          Originally posted by oxy
                          No, that's asians
                          A80 Supra
                          80 Landcruiser

Comment

JB BE setting tyre pressure with that 1.11, what rubber on these stock?

High 1.08 to low 9 is what I'd expect.....

Comment

Where are you reading that they aren't making any more?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevil View Post
                                JB BE setting tyre pressure with that 1.11, what rubber on these stock?

High 1.08 to low 9 is what I'd expect.....

Yeah I rekon it should do a 9.

As far as I know its totally standard.
                                Originally posted by The Property Guru
                                don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                                Originally posted by oxy
                                No, that's asians
                                A80 Supra
                                80 Landcruiser

Comment

Working...
                                X