Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevil View Post
    JB BE setting tyre pressure with that 1.11, what rubber on these stock?

High 1.08 to low 9 is what I'd expect.....
    It will be a standard GR, so it has open diffs and Dunlop Sport Maxx 050. All reports say they are shithouse for track driving. Someone in Japan got ~4 secs around Tsukuba changing from them to Yoko somethings (on the same car we get with the open diffs). The Circuit Pack in the UK/EU/JP has been getting the really decent track times and has different suspension tune, LSD's and Michelin PS4s (plus a couple other bits).

Originally posted by foamy View Post

Where are you reading that they aren't making any more?
    The current allocation of ~1200-1400 has been sold out. Supposedly that was our full allocation for the next 12-18 months. TMCA are negotiating with Toyota JP to get more. Rumours on FB are that they won't be able to get anymore at all so whats been sold now could be it. But like I said, all rumours at the moment. https://toyota.pressroom.com.au/pres...navSectionID=2

Other rumours are that info/price on the Rallye is coming out today. I can't find any official announcement of anything around the 26th Nov so I think that's just hearsay too. Some info will come soon (as mentioned in one of the releases) no doubt.
    I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post

Yeah I rekon it should do a 9.

As far as I know its totally standard.
      as a wakefeild dreamer who has done a 1:17 and been in a car doing a 1:14, i cant imagine what a 1:09 would feel like.

sorry if i missed it, but how many ralye's are coming to aus? be a shame if this car get crashed out of existance in 10 years. id hope it be like an 86/mx5 for longevity/parts

Comment

Originally posted by YBS1OW View Post

as a wakefeild dreamer who has done a 1:17 and been in a car doing a 1:14, i cant imagine what a 1:09 would feel like.

sorry if i missed it, but how many ralye's are coming to aus? be a shame if this car get crashed out of existance in 10 years. id hope it be like an 86/mx5 for longevity/parts
        Considering I do 1.13 in a 68fwkw Echo, then this thing should be faster haha!
        Originally posted by The Property Guru
        don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
        Originally posted by oxy
        No, that's asians
        A80 Supra
        80 Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by YBS1OW View Post

"About 250". It won't have the longevity of the 86/mx5, always planned on a limited production run of 25000 globally with a lot of them likely being the same body but shit engine/FWD CVT etc being sold in JP. I reckon there are around 5000 GRY sold or coming in the next 12 months (globally).

Comment

Originally posted by foamy View Post

Where are you reading that they aren't making any more?
            Toyota told me the model we get will be NLA once these are in.

NFI what the future holds.
            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

I'd say you get a payout, but I'm not an insurer so actually have no idea. Would be pretty hard to get a new replacement.

I've looked at Allianz, NRMA, RACQ up here and they all have it listed ready to quote. NRMA was the best for me (only $510/yr, very surprised!), under half the price of Allianz.
              That's great, I got a quote from NRMA a few weeks back and it came to $750. No claims, 40 years old. Wonder why yours is so cheap?!

Comment

Originally posted by Gussy View Post

That's great, I got a quote from NRMA a few weeks back and it came to $750. No claims, 40 years old. Wonder why yours is so cheap?!
                No idea, also no claims, 43 and was even honest about it being parked on the driveway at home (should be garage by the time it comes in Feb). Market value but also tried agreed at 50k and it was $527.
                Must be a location thing...We are a fair distance from train stations, shops etc so getting opportunistic theft out here is a bit less common.
                I think its actually cheaper than what we are currently paying for the 2012 Corolla with Allianz!

Comment

fuck this gay earth, cost me $1k to insure my WRX for 18k value

Good driving history, garaged out of the red zone.

Sydney and WRX life

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

No idea, also no claims, 43 and was even honest about it being parked on the driveway at home (should be garage by the time it comes in Feb). Market value but also tried agreed at 50k and it was $527.
                    Must be a location thing...We are a fair distance from train stations, shops etc so getting opportunistic theft out here is a bit less common.
                    I think its actually cheaper than what we are currently paying for the 2012 Corolla with Allianz!
                    Ah ok, I live very near a train station so perhaps that pumped mine up a bit.

Comment

Looks like 1.11's is all she had
                      https://fb.watch/1_Nsh09X98/
                      Originally posted by The Property Guru
                      don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                      Originally posted by oxy
                      No, that's asians
                      A80 Supra
                      80 Landcruiser

Comment

a mate just reckons he put a 1000 down on a rallye - price not out yet though!

Comment

Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
                          Looks like 1.11's is all she had
                          https://fb.watch/1_Nsh09X98/
                          Response from Trackschool Trackdays who did the time: "To Give you an idea, our 86 hire cars do 1.09 / 1.10. When we had a brand new 86, we did a low 14. With simple mods, these will be fast."

Comment

it's also hot as balls.

Comment

out of interest, anyone know what a stock golf R or focus RS would do around wakefeild? a quick look shows golf not as fast.

Comment

likely the same scenario as the 86 - just putting a decent set of tyres on shaves chunks of laptime on an otherwise stock car
                                Originally posted by Jim
                                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Working...
                                X