Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would have thought semi slicks would make a car quicker lol
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Yeah not talking about that obviously, just better street tyres
      Originally posted by Jim
      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

https://www.caradvice.com.au/904248/...00-drive-away/

Rallye 56.2k DA for first 200

Comment

Also this for a better update on the standard car pricing. https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-new...at-full-retail
          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

So based on launch price (over base launch price) 16k for front and rear diffs, red calipers and plastic brake ducting + consumable tyres & wheels / suspension most will change. ~18k for post first 200 pricing.

non limited run so no limited run exclusivity.

Edit- interestingly no colour choice, must be pearl white.
            Last edited by psi999; 26-11-20, 05:15 PM.

Comment

So what do we think of the pricing of the Rallye? Worth it over the $39950 base model price?

not gonna lie... kinda tempted to put a Rallye order in also.

Comment

Originally posted by Evaku8 View Post
                So what do we think of the pricing of the Rallye? Worth it over the $39950 base model price?

I’ve the 40k deal no, I think that’s a waste like what psi999 mentioned. Over the now new rrp I think it’s a decent deal.

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post
                  Ridiculous, they've fucked over people that want the hard core model of the car. It ain't at $56k car.

Be far better buying in the first 1,000 and shoving a diff in yourself.
                  If in doubt power out

Comment

well they want 49,950 now for a base model, so its really only 6ish k more (excluding onroads)

All in all it seems like they are just price gouging now, they could hapilly sell 1000 units at 40k and make a profit and now they want 10k more

Comment

Originally posted by Evaku8 View Post

I mean if you are paying the $50K RRP of the base model then an extra $6K for that gear is a no brainer assuming you can get one of the first 200, but compared to the $39,950 price it's not really worth it, that $15K buys you a lot of upgrades further down the line and you can add just the bits you want too.

From what I've seen most of the Japanese guys who got the High Performance model and are serious about track driving have already dumped the forged wheels for lighter, wider wheels with more track focused rubber and the suspension for more track orientated setup and aside from the diffs that is most of the upgrades you'd get in the Rallye anyway.

The way I see it wheels and suspension are something I am likely to upgrade at some point anyway so I don't see the value in paying for stuff that will probably get replaced with something aftermarket anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

I’ve the 40k deal no, I think that’s a waste like what psi999 mentioned. Over the now new rrp I think it’s a decent deal.
                        Yep I got the $40k deal too, my car should be here in 2 weeks or so.

I guess I’m just a sucker for the top model. I’ll probably come to my senses and not bother, but it does seem to be a once in a blue moon performance car given it’s scoring 5/5 reviews so wouldn’t be a bad thing to get the top model.

I guess the thing we are all keen to see is a review of our base model with the same tyres as the Rallye with PS4s and the diffs.

Comment

I got in at the 40k price, an extra $16k doesn't / wouldn't interest me for the extras.

Comment

Only thing id keep from rallye is the diffs. Hate red stitching and calipers

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                            VF2 Redline Ute
                            E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

So who’s going for the Rallye? Blur, I really think you should...
                              Only because I want to move up and get my car a month earlier!

Comment

Originally posted by Rona View Post

Be far better buying in the first 1,000 and shoving a diff in yourself.

Or 2 diffs perhaps

Comment

Working...
                                X