No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw my first one of these on the road today. The rear guards are so pumped that it looks silly, but in an awesome kind of way. The wheels would be outside the car on a normal Yaris. Would bang.

Comment

How are the sales going on the higher DA priced cars?
      Originally posted by My mate Nathan
      "Boob is almost as good as cunt"

Comment

For mid 50's I'd probably just buy a type r.. depends what you are going to use it for I guess.
        RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

A $56k car that i cant even choose the colour of? yeah nah
          Originally posted by Jim
          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
          What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

lukevl that was a great video, I've got no real interest in the GR Yaris but now I kinda want one.

Red & black cars just got a healthy boost in resale with the first 200 if the Rallye's are all white and wont be delivered until at least March.
            Originally posted by Mudkicker
            How many blowjobs to pay off that debt?

Comment

Originally posted by rollin7 View Post

they could hapilly sell 1000 units at 40k and make a profit and now they want 10k more
              They could very well have been selling them at cost or a loss. TMCA could have done a deal with Toyo Japan for the first 1000 as part of marketing the new range.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
                So who’s going for the Rallye? Blur, I really think you should...
                Only because I want to move up and get my car a month earlier!
                Would you want the black?
                whilst the pricing of the rallye was kinda expected, at 16k more and late next year delivery that's a massive pass from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke352 View Post

They could very well have been selling them at cost or a loss. TMCA could have done a deal with Toyo Japan for the first 1000 as part of marketing the new range.
                  I reckon pretty much this is the case.. just raise the brand and perception. 1000x $5000-10k loss maybe= $5-10M spend to get cars out there on the roads .. cheaper than a fairly simple advertising campaign across multiple media.

Toyota FT86 new model in 2021 as well, maybe helps some recognition and draws some attention to Toyota as an affordable performance brand once again..

Comment

Originally posted by blur View Post

whilst the pricing of the rallye was kinda expected, at 16k more and late next year delivery that's a massive pass from me.
                    This is it. Toyota by selling the first 1000 at a discount have now set peoples expectations that the Yaris GR is a $40k car so telling people the Rallye is $16k more is going to be a hard pill for most people to swallow. But in reality the standard GR is $50k per regular pricing so the Rallye is only $6k more and probably represents a fair price difference at regular pricing but Toyota have shot themselves in the foot by selling so many at a massive discount initially.

I get the marketing reasons but I reckon they over did it. Probably should have sold the first 1000 at $45k or done a much smaller number say 100 at $40k.

Comment

I think Toyota stuffed up the pricing imo.
                      The numbers to Australia would have been locked in before the pandemic, Toyota probably thought theres no way we are going to sell these during a recession. Let drop the price to get them gone, we dont want another Supra.

Comment

At 40k i'd almost buy one as a fun daily and drive the wheels off it. Paying more than that for any spec Yaris you'd have to be on crack.

And for those shit canning a 1.11.4 for a totally stock car around Wakefield - you've obviously never done many laps there. That's a solid time and on par or better than what i expected...
                        The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

wakefield has definitely gotten faster of late tbf, 1:06s are the new 1:10s...

still, for nothing special street tyres thats a pretty stout time imo. throw some A050s on it it will prob do an 8
                          1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post
                            At 40k i'd almost buy one as a fun daily and drive the wheels off it. Paying more than that for any spec Yaris you'd have to be on crack.

And for those shit canning a 1.11.4 for a totally stock car around Wakefield - you've obviously never done many laps there. That's a solid time and on par or better than what i expected...
                            What would you buy for $50k... new? or new + $x = $n

Comment

I have a std on order and am tempted by the Rallye. I prefer the regular white of the std but the diffs get me excited. That said, if diffs can be done for around $6k i would just do that... The Rallye wheels look great but realistically would likely go 9inch with a 255 anyway.
                              decisions decisions....

Comment

Originally posted by Luke352 View Post

They defo were selling at a loss. My dealer was telling me they get a cheque from toyo japan for every one they sold.

And they were a 50k car with a 10k discount not a 40k car.
                                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Working...
                                X