Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
    Nopics didn’t seem too surprised at $50k. Think she feels better spending that amount on a Toyota than a Hyundai.
    I swore I'd never buy a Hyundai.

Nekminit, i30N.

Comment

Originally posted by sssgtr View Post

I swore I'd never buy a Hyundai.

Nekminit, i30N.
      Yeh I’ve test driven one a couple times but just struggle with a $45k Hyundai. And the nopics never seemed that keen on it.
      Hence why the GR is appealing.
      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Isn't the i30N corolla sized though? 50k for a i20 sized Yaris is a bit rich IMO

The 86 is on a dedicated platform (admittedly shared with Subaru), but they'd sell 1 86/BRZ for every 5 Yaris. They should be able to offer way sharper pricing.
        Last edited by Gats; 10-01-20, 07:46 PM.

Comment

The high asking price is to protect the local car industry. How else are Holden supposed to compete.

Comment

192kW 1280kg

would mang
            '84 Supra
            '86 Supra
            '99 Supra
            '19 Supra

Comment

Aus press release. https://www.toyota.com.au/news/new-t...r-for-the-road
              No pricing...
              I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Yep, I feel there is a reason Toyota Au haven't mentioned shit about the price, they know it's going to kill any hype surrounding the launch.

Great little car, but 51k is retarded. Sub 40k and I'd be interested as a daily.

Comment

I don't think I've this been this interested in a car pre-release since pre ordering a Focus RS in December 2015. Having said that I have a couple of issues with it so far. For one, we don't get the performance spec here, why not? If it's going to be expensive then you might as well offer the full fat version with the mechanical diffs and sticky tires. Number 2, the price sounds like it's going to be a bit hectic for a small size car. The fact they haven't release pricing doesn't bode well, I reckon it'll be in the low to mid $50s region, when it, should be low to mid $40s if they aren't on crack. Hard to justify $50k plus for the non performance version with those poverty pack seats.

It's probably the most interesting car Toyota have made in two decades but I'm sure they'll find a way to screw it up.
                  Last edited by Evaku8; 10-01-20, 10:13 PM.

Comment

No one at Toyota wants to say it..

"$50,000 Yaris"

Comment

They may do an 86 with it and bring it in at a price way cheaper than expected. Saw an article yesterday saying its the worlds most powerful 3 cyl production engine.
                      I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                        They may do an 86 with it and bring it in at a price way cheaper than expected.
                        They might ... but the reason the 86 was cheaper than expected is because we expected Toyota to apply Straya Tax c/f Japan.
                        Being the same price here as in Japan is where we come to “$50k Yaris”. I think the Japanese market is accustomed to paying heaps for up-spec’d little cars, if I remember correctly stuff like the Alto RS is way more exxy than would sell in numbers here.
                        Last edited by Captiva Fan; 11-01-20, 07:20 AM.
                        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

My memory could be failing but i thought the 86 was cheaper here than Japan at release just going off conversion rate at the time? Or was it just cheaper than everywhere else but Japan?
                          I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	tfszdpebdj1b3euqatti.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	339.2 KB
ID:	7104303
                            I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                              My memory could be failing but i thought the 86 was cheaper here than Japan at release just going off conversion rate at the time? Or was it just cheaper than everywhere else but Japan?
                              86 was cheaper here than Japan. Our 'base' model was the same price as the base model in Japan but that base model was the 'tuner' one which had steel wheels, unpainted bumpers, bench seats etc. The model in Japan which roughly corresponded to our base was 2-3k more expensive here than in Japan.

edit

just read that back and realised the last sentence should read 'The model in Japan which roughly corresponded to our base was 2-3k more expensive in Japan than here'. Which is how I think people were reading it but I did type it wrong
                              Last edited by IMOA; 11-01-20, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                                No one at Toyota wants to say it..
                                "$50,000 Yaris"
                                I'm having trouble getting my head around a $40,000 Ford Fiesta ST.

Comment

Working...
                                X