Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by fury View Post

    Wouldn't the Yaris be faster and maintain it's value better?
    The Focus RS would probably be a touch faster stock vs stock and their prices have held up pretty well, I saw a few dip under $40k pre covid but I haven't seen one under $40k for a while. There isn't going to be a replacement Focus RS coming either so that will probably help it's values hold up. Even the Mk2 Focus RS holds it's value really well, although I think there are fewer of them around.

    Comment


      Comment


        With all this interest in the Yaris it feels like the Fiesta ST won't be much of a sales success?

        I haven't seen another on the road yet.

        Still enjoying mine but mainly for the rough and tumble nature of its handling in track mode. Darts everywhere and is a lot of fun in a very old school over powered front drive kind of way.

        Comment


          Originally posted by TriPod1 View Post
          With all this interest in the Yaris it feels like the Fiesta ST won't be much of a sales success?

          I haven't seen another on the road yet.

          Still enjoying mine but mainly for the rough and tumble nature of its handling in track mode. Darts everywhere and is a lot of fun in a very old school over powered front drive kind of way.
          you can actually buy a fiesta st though.
          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

          Comment


            Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post

            you can actually buy a fiesta st though.
            You can probably still buy one, but its not going to be cheap id say.

            There is a guy over on the FB groups that ordered on pre order day then last week was told by the dealer they had cancelled his order and price is now 50k+ORC if he wants one. Old mate has a login to the toyota online portal telling him the car he ordered is here in Aust, in his name, VIN and a delivery date of 23/12.

            Looks like car salesmen are doing car salesmen kinda things to get these things into dealer stock...
            Last edited by psi999; 14-12-20, 01:58 PM.

            Comment


              Yaris doesn't look that fast, got chopped by a VN.
              Hide yo' wife!!!

              Comment


                Why do they insist on zooming in/cropping out the timing board on those drag runs?
                Customer Cars
                GAS FAB XM Coupe - PerformanceForums
                GAS FAB Mk1 Escort - PerformanceForums
                GAS FAB - 1985 Porsche 911 3.2ltr Carrera Cabriolet - PerformanceForums

                GAS FAB Cars
                GAS 260Z RB26DET
                GAS 1600 3SGE BEAMS

                Comment


                  Originally posted by psi999 View Post

                  You can probably still buy one, but its not going to be cheap id say.

                  There is a guy over on the FB groups that ordered on pre order day then last week was told by the dealer they had cancelled his order and price is now 50k+ORC if he wants one. Old mate has a login to the toyota online portal telling him the car he ordered is here in Aust, in his name, VIN and a delivery date of 23/12.

                  Looks like car salesmen are doing car salesmen kinda things to get these things into dealer stock...
                  Just saw that on FB,
                  That is just terrible.
                  I though at one stage that maybe my dealer was hoping for me to tell them stfu when I asked for a confirmation on a delivery date as I knew the car was there but no communication.
                  Turns out it might have been true!
                  The whole pre order has been a farce for many. Just didn't anticipate the demand so it seems.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by psi999 View Post

                    You can probably still buy one, but its not going to be cheap id say.

                    There is a guy over on the FB groups that ordered on pre order day then last week was told by the dealer they had cancelled his order and price is now 50k+ORC if he wants one. Old mate has a login to the toyota online portal telling him the car he ordered is here in Aust, in his name, VIN and a delivery date of 23/12.

                    Looks like car salesmen are doing car salesmen kinda things to get these things into dealer stock...
                    fuck me, are toyota always this incompetent?
                    edit: *looks at marketing of supra*
                    ... ok then
                    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
                      When they fix it I would be very curious what it looks like under the wrap
                      It looks unreal under the wrap... like those lambo interiors.. sort of ceramic looking CFRP patterns:

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	lamborghini-carbon-fiber-production-06783-640x640.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	7207533

                      i think they wanted it to look a bit more traditional, hence the wrap.
                      Attached Files
                      www.markpakula.com
                      2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
                      2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
                      2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
                      2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

                      Comment


                        Do they all look like that under there? Would be worth ripping it off when new and putting clear PPF on it

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by lukevl View Post
                          Do they all look like that under there? Would be worth ripping it off when new and putting clear PPF on it
                          I think you need to do it Luke, seems that no one else is game yet...
                          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

                          Comment


                            I did see a photo of someone thats pulled one back but it was one of those photos that made you wonder... And some people suggested it was only the very first ones that looked like that which sounds like rubbish but anyway. I'll take a look

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by lukevl View Post
                              I did see a photo of someone thats pulled one back but it was one of those photos that made you wonder... And some people suggested it was only the very first ones that looked like that which sounds like rubbish but anyway. I'll take a look
                              The Japanese 'First edition' cars did come with with the unwrapped roof. It does kinda look like it has a permanently dirty roof though, which is why the forged carbon look is fairly polarising.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-Toyota-GR-Yaris-11.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	7207580

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	a6f00e4721dba39f147504eb1a66467cdb39f051.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	7207579

                              Comment


                                Might be just me but I think that looks better than fake dollar store phone case carbon weave wrap they put on it, I’d be pulling that shit off and just rolling with it clear wrapped
                                ..........

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X