Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MexicanBatman View Post
    Might be just me but I think that looks better than fake dollar store phone case carbon weave wrap they put on it, I’d be pulling that shit off and just rolling with it clear wrapped
    Yep. Whack some clear coat on so it doesn’t look perpetually dirty
    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post

You can probably still buy one, but its not going to be cheap id say.

There is a guy over on the FB groups that ordered on pre order day then last week was told by the dealer they had cancelled his order and price is now 50k+ORC if he wants one. Old mate has a login to the toyota online portal telling him the car he ordered is here in Aust, in his name, VIN and a delivery date of 23/12.

Looks like car salesmen are doing car salesmen kinda things to get these things into dealer stock...

The dealer would not get to keep that car as stock with any of the TMCA bonus money to support the 2 lower price points. That wont be what is happening and there is likely more to the story.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post

Yep. Whack some clear coat on so it doesn’t look perpetually dirty
        yea I like the look of the base roof..

otherwise the 3M Di-Noc Carbon fibre vinyl sheet is pretty impressive if you dont like whatever toyota has used.

Oo___oO

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan1 View Post

The dealer would not get to keep that car as stock with any of the TMCA bonus money to support the 2 lower price points. That wont be what is happening and there is likely more to the story.
          I'm sure there is more to that story than what is being said. Was it the same guy who said the dealer had "lost" his contract so therefore he didn't have a car anymore? Is it all profit if a dealer chooses to cancel a customers 40k car and then sell it for 50k or more? Or would the dealer not be able to buy it for the discounted price (or would they not get the 10-13k rebate) if it wasn't being sold to a customer with an official pre-order.
          I get it if you can't say any details, but from a customer's perspective, that's what seems to be happening. It's all very convenient.
          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

I'm sure there is more to that story than what is being said. Was it the same guy who said the dealer had "lost" his contract so therefore he didn't have a car anymore? Is it all profit if a dealer chooses to cancel a customers 40k car and then sell it for 50k or more? Or would the dealer not be able to buy it for the discounted price (or would they not get the 10-13k rebate) if it wasn't being sold to a customer with an official pre-order.
            I get it if you can't say any details, but from a customer's perspective, that's what seems to be happening. It's all very convenient.

The only way a dealer gets the TMCA rebate is on demo vehicles that had been built as Demo's before the $39,950 and $44950 offers ended. After that, if a retail deal @$39,950 is cancelled and the dealer still elects to take the vehicle for stock then no TMCA funding is applicable. That vehicle becomes a $49,500+ORC proposition (no rebate) and at that I would be more inclined to try and secure a Rallye (late 2021) for stock as you are near enough to knocking on the door.

The more likely situation if a $39950 guest cancels is that the batch number would be swapped to a subsequent retail order in the system and if that is the case the bonus money stands.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

Or deliver it into a customers name, transfer it out then send it over the road to used cars with 23km on the clock?.

Just seems so odd that the customer can see all vehicle details including his name via the online SAP portal yet no longer his car.

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post

Or deliver it into a customers name, transfer it out then send it over the road to used cars with 23km on the clock?.

Just seems so odd that the customer can see all vehicle details including his name via the online SAP portal yet no longer his car.

All sales with this rebate are subject to an audit and they don't miss a thing.. I would be incredibly surprised if a dealer would breach a franchise agreement for a one off extremely small cash grab!

Comment

Yeah they make more offering 3k trade in on a 5 year old car they can wholesale for 15k.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan1 View Post

All sales with this rebate are subject to an audit and they don't miss a thing.. I would be incredibly surprised if a dealer would breach a franchise agreement for a one off extremely small cash grab!
                    I like the thought that there is a lot of governance over this and there will be an audit, for example.

I find it hard to reconcile with how badly they’ve handled this though. It seems to have been left up to the dealers to order the $39990 cars, an obvious risk to the whole process. It seems my dealer didn’t bother until I called a couple of months later and hence I still have no build date/allocation despite ordering in the first 10 mins. Others in this situation too - basically hard luck, it was the dealers fault.

How could they not have foreseen that? It was my first thought when I placed the preorder and realised it was going to the local dealer to deal with - how are they not going to fuck this up?
                    Last edited by wiggah; 15-12-20, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by wiggah View Post

I like the thought that there is a lot of governance over this and there will be an audit, for example.

I find it hard to reconcile with how badly they’ve handled this though. It seems to have been left up to the dealers to order the $39990 cars, an obvious risk to the whole process. It seems my dealer didn’t bother until I called a couple of months later and hence I still have no build date/allocation despite ordering in the first 10 mins. Others in this situation too - basically hard luck, it was the dealers fault.

How could they not have foreseen that? It was my first thought when I placed the preorder and realised it was going to the local dealer to deal with - how are they not going to fuck this up?
                        I agree , put me off the brand based on how badly they 've handled this . 1000 cars were offered initially , each order should of had an order number from 1 -1000 - compile a list and deliver cars in that order . I 'll wait it out but no more new Toyotas for me and we had a few .

Comment

i bet it’s turned to shit because entitled cunts have got their dealer mates to “see what they can do” to jump the queue, or cashed up entitled cunts who missed the initial offer have bribed their way in ahead of genuine buyers
                          Originally posted by Jim
                          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                          What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

mother fuckers.

I just rang the dealer as SFA has changed on the portal and he tells my production has changed and mine will be built (maybe) in Jan with a feb delivery date!!!

WTF cunts, 3 weeks ago i was due to be delivered on the 13th of Jan!!!
                            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

That sucks. Similar thing happened to me- just a clusterfuck

Comment

Call the Toyota Complaints Desk. 1800 869 682

then complain as much as you can. i have seen people get full resprays out of this as Toyota while they do enjoy shitting on their customers "another customer will just walk right in" some times you can get something happening.

The ordering of the Supra was fucked because it was bull shit and was not a lottery-like they said. they knew who was getting what and made sure they got there's 1st. the same for the Yaris, if you complain they have the power to move someone else's car to you etc if they choose to. or in some shit cases, Toyota management will go OH I feel like a yarris fuck "insert name" i will take there car and give it to me and make sure i build a new one

CISCOKIDS
                                The Gentlemen's Club
                                Midnight Rocker

Comment

Working...
                                X