Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

This is absolutely what has happened. All of the people on the FB groups who have got early deliveries are either shops (wheels, performance) or mates with dealers. And now there are flippers who have got their deliveries who are selling for profit while chumps like me (and many others) have to wait....
    I don’t really know how I got mine then, as I’m neither of those.

Don’t get too stressed Kev,

I took mine for a little blat before all the wet leaves got cleaned off the street cas, well, rally heritage... and it is a super fun thing. You will absolutely love it. It is worth every minute of the wait
    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Oh yeah, $260 fixed price servicing too!
      "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

People who are waiting for portal updates for planned build, mine has updated to the below.
        Woohoo! Feb delivery seems more plausible now!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	5EAA8CA3-2D07-447E-AD27-60981AF1C7EB.jpeg
Views:	447
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	7208024
        I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

We get ours tomorrow. Just in time for shutdown. I’ll take it for a fang sat night to a local car meet then park it up until jan sadly

Comment

Finally get mine tomorrow as well.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
            VF2 Redline Ute
            E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Vivid motorsports have a cruise starting at south wharf at 1830 on Saturday. I’ll be there with our GR if you want to twinsy

Comment

Yaris vs Focus RS, rolling and standing start

Unexpected result...

Comment

Would that also be a euro detuned GRY ?
                  ​​​​
                  Ether way Focus RS is embarrassing slow in comparison.

Comment

Not sure I'd put much stock in that video.

Someone posted a video of the carwow guys draging the Civic Type R and GR with the Civic losing by about a metre in the wet so fwd type R would have been fairly compromised, so in the dry would likely have won. Same guys have done a Type R vs. RS and the RS smashed the Type R by multiple car lengths.

Comment

People who are waiting for portal updates for planned build, mine has updated to the below.
                      Woohoo! Feb delivery seems more plausible now!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	5EAA8CA3-2D07-447E-AD27-60981AF1C7EB.jpeg
Views:	447
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	7208024
                      mine just got updated the same.

cunt fucken mother fuckers... another month.
                      .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

I suspect the RS, given the lack of performance and coming from a rental fleet, wasn’t in 100% heath.

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post

mine just got updated the same.

cunt fucken mother fuckers... another month.
                          At least you have the info. As I mentioned multiple times, there is a process and a queue. If you understand that you would have realised the dealer was speaking out his arse when he said you'd get it in Dec/Jan.
                          Bear in mind you ordered days after many other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin View Post
                            I suspect the RS, given the lack of performance and coming from a rental fleet, wasn’t in 100% heath.
                            The GRY probably only has a few hundred kays on it, video from japan has shown that the engine free's up a bit once you get more kays on it. Happy to do the same type of testing once I get mine against a stock RS

Comment

At least you have the info. As I mentioned multiple times, there is a process and a queue. If you understand that you would have realised the dealer was speaking out his arse when he said you'd get it in Dec/Jan.
                              Bear in mind you ordered days after many other people.
                              I ordered it the day they were released.
                              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

The GRY probably only has a few hundred kays on it, video from japan has shown that the engine free's up a bit once you get more kays on it. Happy to do the same type of testing once I get mine against a stock RS
                                My 1k service / check-up on Monday. Then back to the mountain to c if any extra horsepowers are released by Toyota

Comment

Working...
                                X