• Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I hate black wheels.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
    VF2 Redline Ute
    E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

That video is odd. They start at 50kph, 11 seconds later the view out the windscreen looks like they are doing about 130kph. ??? Wouldn't/shouldn't they be closer to 170kph ?? Probably just the camera slowing things down but....

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post

I ordered it the day they were released.
        Yeh, so did I and 500 other people. There were still people who went to dealers and placed deposits days before we did.
        I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

Yeh, so did I and 500 other people. There were still people who went to dealers and placed deposits days before we did.
          Online sales were meant to be the only way for the first 1000 according to Toyota - it would be interesting to know where in the queue did orders placed at the dealers and not online go ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sumodog View Post

Online sales were meant to be the only way for the first 1000 according to Toyota - it would be interesting to know where in the queue did orders placed at the dealers and not online go ?
            This would not be confidence building for people looking to buy Toyota in the future..
            Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
            Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Sumo,

I placed a order/deposit with the dealer the day before the online sales and got my car a week ago. The salesman told me “he entered my order into the system in the afternoon some time”.
              Last edited by Cliffordcliffs; 17-12-20, 05:37 PM.
              "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Sumodog View Post

They went to the head of the queue. Most people I’ve seen that placed an in dealer deposit have already had their cars delivered.
                Its shit and totally screws up the online only process.

Comment

The online portal wouldn't work for me, placed a manual order with a dealer the day after the online orders opened. I'm apparently third in their queue at the dealer I selected. The person 2nd in the queue there pulled out so they offered me that spot for a Dec build with Jan delivery, but I declined as I'd prefer a 2021 build which will be in Feb at this stage.

I have another mate in Bris who got his online order in 7 minutes after it opened, the dealer he selected told him he's 5th in line for their orders
                  Last edited by jasonp1977; 17-12-20, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I ordered day 3.

The black looks nice and even better when dirty.

Hand brake is fucking fantastic just instantly locks.

Tyres are compromised.

Rotates nicely on the brake pedal.

First hard launch I thought I broke it with a massive bang into 2nd but still sweet.

100k on it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                    VF2 Redline Ute
                    E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Got a white one in for the full enchilada package. Will post pics when finished
                      CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by Cliffordcliffs View Post
                        Sumo,

I placed a order/deposit with the dealer the day before the online sales and got my car a week ago. The salesman told me “he entered my order into the system in the afternoon some time”.
                        I ordered online on release day at 12:15 - apparently i might get the car in feb/21 .

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
                          Got a white one in for the full enchilada package. Will post pics when finished
                          Can you confirm if it's got clear coat or solid stage paint when you get it in?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gussy View Post

Can you confirm if it's got clear coat or solid stage paint when you get it in?

Thanks.
                            It’s already here. I’ll have a look today and let you know
                            CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Makes sense that online sales are being pushed behind dealers. Can you imagine the screaming from dealers otherwise?
                              "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                              (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                              Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post

It’s already here. I’ll have a look today and let you know
                                Keen to know what you think of the wrap on the roof as well and the best way to protect it long term. Its probably the thing I'm most concerned with long term.

Also, I'm sorry for posting this video, I really dislike the look of this, but thought I should do a service for the community. Especially it being on a Pearl White car instead of the flat white.

Seeing Sega Rally again was very cool, played the shit out of that back in the day.
                                Last edited by 23Kev; 18-12-20, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X