Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

I noticed a few insurers didn't have the 2021 listed yet. I figure the 2020 listing is good enough to get a ballpark quote.
    If you put the seats down and front wheel off you can supposedly get a bike in the back. There is an official photo somewhere.

The GR Corolla is mostly just rumours for now. I reckon the GRC will have the GRY motor, FWD and none of the cool body shit (extra welds, body adhesive etc). Probably also standard steel body panels, maybe aluminium and maybe the CFRP roof.
    The quote everyone is going off only talks about the engine potentially being used in other cars, not the driveline etc. Removing all of the extra good shit will get the cost down so its a bit more competitive.
    A Japanese publication has confirmed that GR Corolla will be happening, however no further details at this point in time regarding powertrain. A few things I have read seem to think that if it uses the GRY engine it will also use the driveline, but that is hearsay.

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post

Is AUS definitely getting it? I thought it was going to be a US-only model to make up for them not getting the Yaris

But yeah price is going to be interesting, i suspect if it does come in to Yaris GR markets then the price of that will be dropped a bit to give it space to fit in - i mean there’s only so much you can charge for a Corolla.
    It isn't 100% confirmed that Australia will get it, some high up exec at Toyota Australia has hinted at it but not said anything official.
    "i mean there’s only so much you can charge for a Corolla." Well to be fair, who knew they'd be able to sell a fuckin Yaris for 50+k

Comment

heh fair point!
      Originally posted by Jim
      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren View Post

... Well to be fair, who knew they'd be able to sell a fuckin Yaris for 50+k
        Have they actually sold any at the inflated price though? I'm curious if they've sold 1000 at $40k and then the sales have stopped or not.
        Originally posted by My mate Nathan
        "Boob is almost as good as cunt"

Comment

~$ 1500 p.a. sound about right for full comp on low kays? (sub 5,000).

Turns out of you search GR Yarris rally it comes up, if you search Yarris GR it does not.
          .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

agreed vs market
            Thank you for getting a quote from SGIC. This is an auto generated e-mail, please do not reply.
            Car insurance quote
            Your annual premium is
            $742.49
            or $65.16 monthly
            $100 online discount included
            price includes GST and stamp duty.
            Offline Premium: $842.49
            Includes $100 online discount.
            Your quote details
            Quote number QTE627449807
            Policy cover & options Comprehensive
            Car Details 2020 TOYOTA YARIS
            Insured for $48,500
            Excess $800
            Proposed start date 08/01/2021
            Discounts applied Loyalty Discount 5%
            No Claim Bonus 60%
            Quote valid to 15/01/2021
            Thank you for getting a quote from SGIC. This is an auto generated e-mail, please do not reply.
            Car insurance quote
            Your annual premium is
            $540.41
            or $47.83 monthly
            Offline Premium: $640.41
            Your quote details
            With No Claim Bonus Protection
            Insured for Market Value
            Excess $2,000
            No Claim Bonus 60%
            Last edited by kedderz; 14-01-21, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kedderz View Post
              agreed vs market
              Car insurance quote
              Your annual premium is
              $742.49
              or $65.16 monthly
              Offline Premium: $842.49
              Your quote details
              Insured for $48,500
              Excess $800
              No Claim Bonus 60%
              Car insurance quote
              Your annual premium is
              $540.41
              or $47.83 monthly
              Offline Premium: $640.41
              Your quote details
              With No Claim Bonus Protection
              Insured for Market Value
              Excess $2,000
              No Claim Bonus 60%
              Big difference in the excess probably has more to do with the saving

Comment

yeah I realised that its more a comparison for old mate.

its $614 for agreed $48500 and 2k excess, $714 for $1000 excess.
                Last edited by kedderz; 14-01-21, 01:18 PM.

Comment

My car just got updated with a VIN. Woot.

I got a quote through nrma for $530/year, $800 excess, 43 year old, 10000kms, agreed value $54k
                  I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                    ~$ 1500 p.a. sound about right for full comp on low kays? (sub 5,000).

Turns out of you search GR Yarris rally it comes up, if you search Yarris GR it does not.
                    Get online quotes / ring everyone. Quotes for me varied wildly.

The two best quotes I got were with NRMA / Suncorp - around $732 with windscreen cover etc. Some insurers wanted $1500. 42, male, no claims ever, etc.

Comment

suncorp was the 1500 one. Shannons now list it so on the phone to them astm..

45, no claims in 4 years, no at fault claims in 20.

just got a vin on mine too. dealer tells me delivery on 15/02.

.... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

thats also with glass unlimited car hire etc.

Dr Hoon

Comment

Originally posted by Bren View Post

"i mean there’s only so much you can charge for a Corolla." Well to be fair, who knew they'd be able to sell a fuckin Yaris for 50+k
                          And funnily enough we must have some of the cheapest pricing of the GR in the world? Even the non Rallye pack in the UK is 30k pounds / $58,000!

Comment

Shannons won't cover it unless it is stored in a shed!!!

Thats 40 minutes I aint getting back!!!

Dr Hoon

Comment

NRMA wont do vic and the suncorp quote was on a ralle. I guess I'd better ring them back.

Dr Hoon

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                                Shannons won't cover it unless it is stored in a shed!!!

Thats 40 minutes I aint getting back!!!
                                Have a look at Enthusiast. Was good for psi999, not as good for me. Covers heaps of mods too.
                                Don't try Youi, they call back to give the price, took the same 40 mins just to give me a price around $1800!
                                I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Working...
                                X